1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

url biz

Discussion in 'Directories' started by caroline, May 30, 2005.

There's this directory I submitted my site to ages ago (when it had pr and didn't look like it was penalized) that is now pretty obviously a spam site. When the pr toolbar worked, it was showing 0, even though it has lots of links pointing to it.

ht*p://www.url.biz

I don't want them linking to me! I send them an e-mail asking them to remove my link and they haven't.

Could this be the reason I am doing so bad at Google right now? Because there's a bad neighbourhood that's linking to me? How do I solve the problem?

caroline, May 30, 2005 IP
  2. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    As you have no control over who is linking to you, it seems highly unlikely that google would penalise you. Just make sure you aren't linking back to any bad neighbourhoods and you should be fine.

Padawan, May 30, 2005 IP
  3. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found if you go in, and manage your account you can make changes.

This I found out by accident, If you remove/move the page you had a 'link-back' on they will automaticly remove their link to you.

tom

TommyD, May 30, 2005 IP