1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL as a main keyword indicator for adsense and indexing

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by DannyLChurchill, Dec 31, 2011.

I am building a new site using the domain name 'MyWorld-MyWay' and creating several sub domains with the general headings of 'Life' 'Money' 'Health' etc. For example: Life.myworld-MyWay.net. I am becoming concerned that the URL will give me VERY wrong Adsense ads for the content I will be putting on the many different pages within the 'Life' section because 'MyWorld-MyWay' will mean nothing to the adsense bots? Also concerned, for the same reason, about being indexed and ranked on Google? Am I on to somethig here? Or will the sub-domain site name mean very little in these 2 instances?

DannyLChurchill, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  2. a1digitalmedia

a1digitalmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you set your Adsense ads to be targeted to what you want when you are creating them, they will not appear unrelated to the content of your website, despite it being a subdomain.

As for Indexing of your subdomains, just make sure you submit sitemaps to Google Webmaster Tools and you could possibly demote the Sub-Domains on Webmaster Tools as well to make them easier to find when people search for your services.

For example when you search for our site on the web, we have got 6 links demoted. These include our services page, web design page and others.

It make it easier for the user to find the page they are looking for straight from Google instead of looking through all of your content.

If you have any problems or need any help setting anything up, just let us know.

a1digitalmedia, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  3. Dynamicweb

Dynamicweb Peon

Best Answers:
    URL plays an important role in this context but I want to know about its mechanism?

Dynamicweb, Feb 24, 2012 IP