1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

url advice needed

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by sixrfan, Nov 6, 2014.

i'm trying to get a site to rank better for the search term "multiple guitar stands". right now it appears at the top of Page 2. see the attachment. [​IMG]

correct me if i'm wrong, but i suspect that one big issue holding it back from moving up to the first page is the fact that we have multiple URLs with the same keywords. for instance:

main landing page url (the one we care must about ranking well): /multiple-guitar-stands/
    product page 1: /shop/multiple-guitar-stand-carousel
    product page 2: /shop/multiple-guitar-stand-deluxe/
    product page 3: /shop/multiple-guitar-stand-standard/

so again, my suspicion is that google does not like the fact that we're using practically the same keywords in the URLs of 4 different pages. what's your thoughts? please advise. thanks in advance!

sixrfan, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  2. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't really think that's the reason, because many of shops are working the same way. F.e. many of stores sell "brand new Samsung galaxy" and there are galaxy s3, s4, s5... and they are ranked very well. I see, that you don't use correct match keywords in your meta description: there is no "multiple-guitar-stand-carousel" in meta description on the corresponding page. Try to use correct meta description keys...

leonidus1981, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  3. EduAffiliates

EduAffiliates Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't be the issue. Seek further! Check your content and onsite optimization first.

EduAffiliates, Nov 18, 2014 IP