1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL 100% dropped in reporting - not in serps

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Epica, Mar 25, 2005.

I have a site that is still showing well in the actual serps but is being reported by the keyword tracker as dropped - it went from reporting pretty accurately last week to reporting now that there are no BLs, pages indexed, or serp placements for any of the keywords listed.

Its the only URL in the report that is showing like this... whats going on..?

It is still howing in the serps, but maybe the reporting is a prediction of how google is about to sandbox me, or a glitch...?

Seems to have happened in relationship to the new MSN/Yahoo feature update (which I have not yet activated for this tracker)...but that could be coinsidence.

Any advice on how I should view this ..?
    Need more information to make an accessment..?

Epica, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have a specific example of a keyword/URL you think is being reported wrong (and where you see it when you look manually), that would be useful. :)

digitalpoint, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  3. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :eek: Wow - Quick!

Okay bear with me, I think I understand the information you need -

Sample keywords I am tracking:
    Rebuilt Transmission
    Rebuilt Transmissions

Site I am tracking:
    http://www.phoenixhardparts.com

Googles results:
    Rebuilt Transmission - Page 1 (serp position 10)
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=rebuilt+transmission

Rebuilt Transmissions - Page 2 (serp position 14)
    http://www.google.com/search?q=rebuilt+transmissions&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&start=10&sa=N

Is that what you're looking for..?
    (thanks for the quick response by the way)

Epica, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks like it's probably data center flux... I added "Rebuilt Transmission" to my keyword tracker account, and you came up as #12. Under your preferences, do you have any of the restrictions enabled?

5. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    er...I had clicked the English only, and United States only preferences...probably a few days ago when I first started noticing these changes in reporting.

I didn't even recall doing it - I think I did it when researching how to add the PHP script for the new features.

Sorry for wasting your time man - I know you have better things to do with your time than chase my mistakes.

Thanks for the help though - I'm big on service and this was definately above and beyond expectations - in case you hadn't heard it enough 'You Rock!' ;)

Epica, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  6. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Shawn, I did exactly the same thing he did the other day when checking out the Yahoo/MSN stuff. I set English and US up and my site dropped out of existence in the KWT, but not in the serps. Might be more than a coincidence.

<edit>Looks like there is in fact something going on when restricting English as language and US as country. I clicked on a keyphrase that I know is in the SERPS, no love. Removed the two restrictions, saved prefs, and clicked on keyphrase again and boom, it shows in the KWT.</edit>

chachi, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well unless you are restricting your search to English and US in the normal Google search, it's not going to match (the default search at Google is no restrictions).