1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urgent: Need Help For Uninstalling Wordpress.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by GAdsense, Dec 10, 2006.

Hello Guys,
    I was editing someones site and I have seen Fantastico tool, I have heard alot about that tool so I tried to install wordpress from there and I actually installed that BUT the problem is it is installed on the main domain.

I would like to completely remove wordpress and restore everything as it was.

I tried deleting my sql database for wordpress but that does not seem to work.

Please help as soon as possible.

GAdsense, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  2. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All you should need to do to remove a WordPress installation is to delete the tables it uses (or the database - but make sure that only WordPress is using it as some hosting plans give you one database to share between everything) and the files, which should all be under one directory.

pwaring, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  3. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have just seent his video http://www.webhosting.cx/fantastico/wordpress.html and am implementing on this but unfortunately I tried to do somethings manually and I uninstalled wordpress database and the fantastico file which they mentioned is used to uninstall wordpress.

Now am following their other details, please hold on, let me check

4. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    I am getting this message when trying to delete wordpress via fantastico tool.

Missing file - removal aborted

A necessary component needed for removal could not be found. Please remove this installation manually. Additionally delete:
    - The MySQL database "windowpr_wrdp1"
    - The MySQL user "windowpr_wrdp1"
    - The Fantastico settings file "/home/windowpr/.fantasticodata/WordPress/domain.com|"

I have already deleted the database from sql as well as I have deleted the user and also the whole folder of "/home/windowpr/.fantasticodata/WordPress/"

And then I clicked this link "The manual removal is done, remove this installation from the Fantastico registry." and that returned to a message "Removing installation

The installation was removed from Fantastico registry."

But the matter is yet not solved, the domain in still showing this error

"WordPress
    Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
    * Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
    * Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums."

What I can do now, I need serious help!

I am waiting for you DP people to help me out.

5. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think you could uninstall it in Fantastico.Just one click action.

Edit:You shouldn't have deleted the files manually..

Do you have a backup of the site?

Richie_Ni, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  6. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right, I did that but the thing is before doing that I have manually uninstalled the sql database for wordpress and I think that was the file which Fantastico needs to uninstall. I have written the details above. Please guide me after reading those details.

Thanks for helping, I hope the matter will be solved soon as Its a site which has PR and more stuff.

7. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    The thing is its some one's site and I don't know how to use cpanel much.

I don't know where I can get the backup or if its having a backup or not.

I am a newbie at using these techie things, never tried these things before.

8. Zeo

Zeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    So basically u don't know what u doing? Next time let the pro do the job :)

If I'm not mistaken, u can define the installation path for the WP from fantastico.

What script does the previous site powered with? I think it just overide index.php. Ask that someone if got backup or not. If not, a good webhosting do nightly backup everyday. Just ask them for that :)

Zeo, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  9. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can somehow say that. There is always a first time to be a pro :) - Yet I agree with you that I should have asked other people before doing that.

Yes, we can define the installation path which I passed over while installing due to curiousness of fast installing.

I havn't registered my domain and havn't played with Cpanel so that's why I am facing this problem. I am not sure about the backup stuff, I will update you soon.

I am going to contact a Cpanel pro. Let's see what happens and if still the problem persists then I will be contacting the hosting company.

10. Zeo

Zeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do u need to contact a cpanel pro?

If the files already been overide, your best shot is to ask the hosting company for yesterday backup or asking the original owner of the site :)

Zeo, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  11. GAdsense

Best Answers:
    Well, I need a cpanel pro as I think the problem may be solved directly from the Cpanel. I just need to give it a try - I don't think everypage is overwritten.

Let's see .... otherwise finally I have to contact the site owner suggesting him to contact the hosting company but that would be my last choice as I don't want the owner to take this pain. :)

Thanks for your help.

12. Zeo

Zeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Zeo, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  13. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop running this poor guy around. Cpanel has a file manager but if you have the login to that it will work for ftp as well. Go into the main folder and look at your friends index page. If he has an index.html or index.htm then you didnt' overwrite anything important. You will just need to delete the index.php that wordpress uses (make sure this is wordpress and not his data). That should put the site back in working order. There are some more files there, to delete them they are

Folders:
    wp-admin
    wp-content
    wp-includes

Files:
    every file with a wp- prefix.
    xmlrpc.php
    readme.html
    license.txt

You don't have to remove any of this additional once you get the index right but there they are.

Cheers.

30k Challenge, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  14. hohoufo

hohoufo Peon

Best Answers:
    So just try to install a new one using fantastico, if u have deleted all things which is asked and still error while you installed the new one, then you must go to file manager : home/username/.fantasticodata/ then edit file namely installed_in_root.php , if there is an old domain which you would to remove wordpress written there, just delete the domain , like : $installed_in_root["peternakuang.com"] = 1; delete it and save then you can install a new one on your root domain. Good Luck

hohoufo, May 20, 2010 IP
  15. rebornishard

rebornishard Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, i will tell how to solve this one
    first of all, login to your cpanel, then go to file manager with show hidden files get checklist
    then, find .httaccess , delete everything in there and leave a "space" then save
    refresh using filemanager refresh button
    then change all chmod to 777 to wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes, and .httaccess
    then delete all,
    your problem solved :D

rebornishard, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  16. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    If we installed wordpress with fantastico, we should uninstall it with fantastico too.

KimiGermany, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  17. smart_ladoo

smart_ladoo Active Member

Best Answers:
    smart_ladoo, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  18. romika

romika Member

Best Answers:
    Well you can uninstall from fantotico too there you will get a uninstall link simple :)

romika, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  19. TriggerPoint

TriggerPoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I d did the same thing, except I removed WP before removing any files. Now when I go to the domain, I get and Index page. Does that mean I have to delete and reupload all of my files?

TriggerPoint, Aug 23, 2010 IP