1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urgent help needed! Regarding finding and removing errors found by w3

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Hasnain Ashfaq, Oct 3, 2013.

Hi please help me with this error! w3 validator has found 55 bugs in the website.. http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=https://www.rescuecpr.net/
    SEMrush
    Its reallly freaking me out.. It seems something to do with &amd but .. i can't find the URLs which i need to edit. It seems everything is hardcoded. Please help me :(

Hasnain Ashfaq, Oct 3, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    any ampersands should be encoded as & -- though that's really just the tip of the iceberg as problems go and REALLY should be considered warnings, not actual errors.

On top of the page's layout being "not viable for web deployment" if you care about accessibility with it's fixed width and layout elements that really don't belong on websites, that markup is disastrously bad. From the first line proudly proclaiming the code is in transition from 1997 to 1998 coding practices, to the non-semantic markup, endless pointless DIV, classes and ID's for nothing, to the stupid malfing broken javascript window.location asshattery of using onclick to do anchor's job (seriously, what the ?!?), to the endless pointless static scripting inlined in the markup, tables for layout, tables around non-tabular data, lack of labels on your forms, scripting to emulate the inaccessible placeholder nonsense, static style inlined in the markup, DIV+SPAN doing numbered headings job, DIV doing paragraphs job, window.open to emulate TARGET (which has no malfing business on websites in the first place)...

It's just another laundry list of how NOT to build a website, and has to be thrown out in it's entirely if you give a flying purple fish about people actually using it. YES, it's THAT bad. As I often tell people, there's nothing I'd even TRY to salvage from that mess.

As evident by the 68k of markup and ridiculous TWO MEGABYTE page-load in 33 files to deliver 4.4k of plaintext and a half dozen content images.... only six times the markup needed, twelve times the upper limit in file sizes I'd ever allow on a page, and likely twice as many files. Let's just say I hope no money exchanged hands for that.

deathshadow, Oct 4, 2013 IP