1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urgent help ! I have no more solutions ! Placement or something else ?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by mrgood, Mar 26, 2012.

On my website I write about PC problems and I offer a free solutions. My website is for a PC newbies and also for a PC expert, anyone can found something interesting to read.
    I have unique visitors about 500-600 daily, but my adsense earnings sucks in a big way . Most of the days I have only 10 clicks with more than 1000 pageviews.
    I switched to Socrates Wordpress theme because I've read in many different places that this theme has very high CTR. But not in my case ! My CTR is barely 1 % in the best days. I also tried Heatmap theme, Bluesense and many many others so called "high CTR" WP themes, but nothing. No improvement at all !
    I don't know what is wrong here, people just doesn't want to click on ads.
    Can you please help me with some advice about placement, ad colors or something, because I don't know what to do ?
    In my Adsense account I disabled interest based ads and third party ads.
    Here is my site in English translation: No 1 tutorials

Please help me, I really don't know what to do !

Thanks in advance !

mrgood, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  2. mrgood

mrgood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Come on, people, 79 views and no replies ?

mrgood, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  3. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    What is a standard click through rate for adsense? I have no idea if 1% is good or bad. You also indicate it is an English translation of the site which could also have an impact on clicks. The other piece of information we don't have is the quality of your visitors. What is their average time on your site? What is your bounce rate?

entrecon, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  4. mrgood

mrgood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course there is no such thing as a 'standard' Adsense CTR. 1 % is bad, since peoples with Socrates WP theme claims that their CTR is 6-7 % . My site is in Croatian, since you don't understand it, I offer an English translation so you can understand the content and offer me some solutions. 85 % of my visitors came from Google Search, and average time on site is about 3 minutes. My bounce rate is very low, 3-4 % .

mrgood, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  5. mrgood

mrgood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for nothing, fellows forumers !
    I am sure that I will never submit any threads here, since it is useless !

Regards

mrgood, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  6. Terano

Terano Banned

Best Answers:
    you have 500 to 600 daily visitors.

then you need to found affiliate related to PC hardware or software links or antivirus.

Terano, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  7. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    if you're at this frustrating point with your CTR, i'd recommend ditching those themes and personally testing out ad placement. as long as you have quality content, the ads being displayed shouldn't be effected, so that wouldn't be an issue. only thing i can think of is the ad placement or ad-clicking standards within Croatia. If your english skills are good, go with an english based site, try out your content there and compare results.

Hoppus, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  8. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think its normal. As you said your site is in croation obviously your visitors also comprise mostly from this region. by the way do the adsense ads displayed on your site is in english?or is it in croation?

haier, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  9. mrgood

mrgood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For a better view, you can visit the site in my signature, it is the same theme and adsense layout as my other croatian site. So you can get a better view since this site is in English.

mrgood, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  10. Nicole Wiley

Nicole Wiley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice site! I love that theme. I think the reason that many people aren't clicking on your ads is because they stand out. When something stands out on the internet, most people disregard it unless it says something they are super interested in. If you make your content ads (which is the first thing I saw when I went to your site) the same color as your text, then you will probably get more people clicking through. This is what I did for all of my websites that had adsense on it and some days where great, like 10% CTR. If people know they are ads and the ads can't help them or are not interesting, then they surely won't click them especially if it looks like they are there on the site just standing out. Another tip is to make all the links throughout the website look exactly the same down to font size, boldness, and color. This way people will just then it is a link to another page and click on it.

Nicole Wiley, Apr 10, 2012 IP