1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urgent: Drupal help getting custom menus to work

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by noobster, Jul 11, 2006.

Hi there,

I'm building my first Drupal-based site and am having some problems getting it to work correctly. The site has different sub-sites for different countries, each in its own language. For example, the sub-site for Australia is at www.mydomain.com/au, the one for Germany at www.mydomain.com/de, etc...

The main problem I'm having right now is getting the appropriate navigation menu to appear at each sub-site. I've created custom menus for each of the primary and secondary navigations for each country, but Drupal will only let me set one menu as *the* Primary Links menu, and only one menu as *the* Secondary Links menu for the whole site.

One workaround I'm trying is to use a different theme for each country that's basically identical except in the menus it pulls up. Again, this works nicely when I use the following snippet for the Primary Links menu:

<?php
    foreach ($primary_links as $link) {
    print $link;
    } ?>

But I can't do the same for any of the other custom menus. For example, the following doesn't work:

<?php
    foreach ($German_links as $link) {
    print $link;
    } ?>

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this correctly? Is there a way to get the list of links from a custom menu like the "foreach ($primary_links as $link)" approach does? Alternatively, is there a way to do this without setting up different themes, so that the menu system will know to show different custom menus at different pages/pathes? Is it possible, for example, to set up different Primary Links menus based on taxonomy?

I'm really desperate to get this done in the next day or two, so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to pay someone for an hour or two to either teach me this stuff or do it for me.

Thank you in advance.

noobster, Jul 11, 2006 IP