1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URGENT APPEAL - Website development help needed to help hurricane victims in Texas

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by motherofdragons, Aug 28, 2017.

**This is an URGENT appeal for some guidance in developing a NON COMMERCIAL, NOT FOR PROFIT, website to help millions affected by the Hurricane/Storms in the Greater Houston, Texas, USA area find shelter, make an appeal to be rescued, and other other functionality TBD. I know little about web design, but am sure one or more of you can help me help thousands reduce their exposure to the impacts of the hurricane. PLEASE HELP***

I am willing to pay for any reasonably priced software e.g. wordpress? hootsuite? or any help from an individual, as long as it is reasonable and towards a good cause.

Hello friends,

I want to RAPIDLY put up a webpage(s) where I can somehow

1) Show a list of shelters open in the greater Houston area in text

2) If there is some way I can also show this on a google map or some sort of map, it will be very helpful

3) For each shelter, I want to add basic details, e.g. name, address, any needs, e.g. food, blankets, whether they are accepting pets, whether they are accepting special needs populations etc

4) If there is some way I can have the shelter operators fill in this information and it populate to the website directly, it will help, i.e. I want to either circulate a link, or refer them to the website, where they can populate information on their shelter.

I have the domain name registered, BUT

a) Need to host it - I will pay

b) Need to understand or get help in immediately creating this functionality.

Millions are affected in Houston, please help.

This is NON PROFIT, NON COMMERCIAL, I am only trying to help those in need.

Thank you

motherofdragons, Aug 28, 2017 IP
  2. motherofdragons

motherofdragons Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, since it seems that my original request may be a bit of a challenge, in the interim, can someone please tell me the basic steps to get my domain name hosted, (I have it registered), and get some form of webpage running, even if it is just text, listing the shelters, and names and locations of people needing to be rescued.

I hope someone can help with my request(s).

3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi

I can give you a hand. Contacting via private message

sarahk, Aug 28, 2017 IP
  4. motherofdragons

motherofdragons Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you @sarahk