1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urchin Stats Question...

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Dreamshop, Apr 20, 2005.

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing another Urchin question, but I've looked on numerous boards and even the Urchin site and I can't seem to find this info.

I'm helping with a site that uses Urchin 5 and we're trying to confirm incoming traffic from organic searches versus ppc. The best method I could think of was to use referrer ID's on all ppc listings. What I'm finding though is that Urchin reports higher clickthrus than the stats I get from Adwords or Overture. Is that common?

Does Urchin track all pages that anyone from a certain referreral ID visits? Or is this just supposed to be one pageview direct from the inbound link?

Of course...while Urchin uses the terms Sessions, Pageviews, and Hits for all other pages, it HAS to use the term "Count" on the Page Query report. Thanks for consistency dudes! :mad:

So here's where it get's really confusing....all of our PPC listings point to a landing page; Urchin reports that the landing page received around 3000 pageviews this month, while our ppc clickthru count is much higher (about 3700). Shouldn't the landing page have equal or even possibly more pageviews than our clickthru count???

So Urchin lists....
    1. a higher "count" of referral ID's from Adwords & Overture than our CTR
    2. a lower number of pageviews on the landing pages than our CTR

Something doesn't seem right here...what am I missing? :confused:

Feeling dumb....

Dreamshop, Apr 20, 2005 IP