1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

UpWork vs Fiverr

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by vicktard, Mar 20, 2020.

I've used both avenues extensively and can say objectively that Fiverr is the best resource for copywriting and small jobs vs. UpWork, which is good for longer jobs like SEO or Marketing gigs.

For Virtual Assistants, I've used 'onlinejobs.ph' very successfully and would only go there. Free advertising for onlinejobs.ph!

Adding my 2c here to be HELPFUL based on my experiences over the past 5 years. :)

vicktard, Mar 20, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    is fiverr still limited to $5 gigs?

sarahk, Mar 21, 2020 IP
  3. vicktard

vicktard Member

Best Answers:
    They have grown a lot since truly "Fiverr" times. There are packages and custom gigs that can be sent through messages, tailored to your needs. I've noticed that the Level 2 sellers and the Top Rated Sellers do good work. Cannot comment on the "Fiverr's Choice" ones, though.

vicktard, Mar 21, 2020 IP
  4. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is definitely better for proving your skills and growing as a professional as compared to Upwork. Most of its tests are free and it allows you to prove your worth to the buyers. The channels for communication and delivery between the provider and the client are definitely well-crafted on fiverr. so its a good choice to start from there.

Sam Sabir, Mar 30, 2020 IP
  5. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr.
    I made a good amount of fiverr but upwork has so much attitude problem.
    Like they charge you for every application you send to buyer.
    They would ban you if you apply for too many jobs
    They would ban you and eat your money for no reasons(fiverr can also ban you but they release your money)

c4cyber, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  6. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IT's too bad to make such assumptions I would say totally and absolutely. You really shouldn't do that. UpWork is a real freelancer website and that Fiverr simply selling membership packages absolutely and entirely anyway for many many channels.

Terem123, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its a difference fiver its sell some package services and upwork its a freenlancer site .In your experience you speak about yourseld as being a worker or by selling work

Spartan14, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  8. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have had profiles on each of the platform but could never really kickstart them. I would love to get to know some things about Upwork and Freelancer. Also, do I need connects on Upwork for bidding on a project?

LadyStarc, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  9. AnnekeHenr

AnnekeHenr Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think it is better to have 2 accounts

AnnekeHenr, Apr 21, 2020 IP
  10. ellisenwang

ellisenwang Peon

Best Answers:
    When I started freelancing, I never planned to put myself on Fiverr, Upwork, or any other online freelancing marketplace. When there's so much competition in one place, naturally prices are lower and the customers aren't the best (And I'm speaking from experience. I was one of those annoying customers lol). So instead I get clients from going to local networking events at night (At least once a week. Sometimes three times a week). During the day, I just write content. Articles, blog posts, and emails newsletters to build up my assets.

ellisenwang, Apr 22, 2020 IP
  11. misssmiles

misssmiles Peon

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is better for novices and smaller jobs- you get a clear timeframe, expectations are set. With upwork, I have found things can drag out. I personally have had more success with Fiverr and it is my preferred platform.

misssmiles, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  12. apolswe

apolswe Peon

Best Answers:
    I can`t say for sure, because long time ago I had probems with upwork, don`t remember which exactly, it may be something with registation

apolswe, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  13. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I belivie that Fivver is way better than Upwork!

Ayoub benali01, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  14. apolswe

apolswe Peon

Best Answers:
    why do you think so?

apolswe, Jul 24, 2020 IP
  15. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Fivver jobs are not for a long term, and a thing that I noticed when I tried Upwork ( I failed horribly) is that you need to take a lot of tests in order to rank up your profile, another thing about Fivver actually the Lvl2 and Lvl1 sellers "Top sellers", it's almost impossible to compete with them, the start is really hard in both sites Fivver and Upwork.
    In general I pref are Fivver, I'm not having a lot of success with it, but who knows maybe one day someone will buy one of my writing gigs :)

Ayoub benali01, Jul 25, 2020 IP
  16. johnraydb

johnraydb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Been at Fiverr too for almost 6 moths literally everyday sending my offered gigs but still got no because the competition is too high.

johnraydb, Aug 2, 2020 IP
  17. Wasiu Okunola

Wasiu Okunola Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr and Upwork never work for me. i observe clients can always find someone more cheaper to serve them on these two platform and these platform can put you out of business by banning your account. You have no control.

Wasiu Okunola, Aug 6, 2020 IP
  18. Wasiu Okunola

Wasiu Okunola Member

Best Answers:
    comp
    competition on this two sites is too much and again you have no control of how you get client. Fiverr work like search engine if you position your gig with some strategies ( good headline, keywords) and for Upwork you have to go for the clients by submitting proposals which you will pay for.

Wasiu Okunola, Aug 6, 2020 IP
  19. avnisharma65123

avnisharma65123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The structure of Fiverr doesn't work for me, I need to customize my pricing and have more control. Upwork has been awesome.

avnisharma65123, Aug 6, 2020 IP
  20. Aped

Aped Member

Best Answers:
    I see that most people reply to the thread are writers, so my comment might be out of place.
    I have experience working as a buyer on both sites. I do like the ability to post jobs on Upwork and see who responds, however, the system has a really bad dispute resolution policy.
    I'm currently trying to get one of the contractors to finish the job, and the person makes promises and then disappears. The issue is not even the quality of the work but the work not being finished. The Upwork arbitrator is not solving the problem but asks us to voice our concerns and is not able to make a decision. In addition, both the writer and customer might end up footing a bill for an outside arbitrator if the issue is not resolved.
    The issue with Fiverr is that it is perceived to have only low skilled low-cost labor from India and Pakistan. It is not bad and in fact a lot of times very helpful when looking for software developers and designers. As far as content writers I was not able to find a native English speaker to write for us (as many will notice I'm not one either).
    As someone actively looking for content writers I find it hard to find the right person on both sites. I wish there was a place where I can find someone =)

Aped, Aug 7, 2020 IP