1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Uploading Flash into CSS

Discussion in 'CSS' started by rqmyaing, Jan 22, 2016.

Hello, I have created a logo for my company. I have a clear vision on how I want my logo to be animated, but I do not know how to incorporate that animation in to CSS, yet alone make it set for the main page, allowing the animation to fade directly into the home page. Please help!!!!!

rqmyaing, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, first off, if you have a flash-animation: get rid of it. Nobody uses Flash anymore, especially since a LOT of browsers don't support it at all. If you want some sort of autofade/transition happening regardless of user interaction, I think javascript is your friend - you might be able to do such a transition based on a pre-checked checkmark-input on the page, but I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know if that works.
    But, again, a Flash-animation has nothing to do with CSS. It's an object, and should be put in an object-tag in the HTML, if anything. But yeah, get rid of it.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  3. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you understand that most animations are a distraction that most users won't like. If it is a simple transition then that is probably okay, but if it is a logo that is continuously animated it will hurt the company more than help it.

COBOLdinosaur, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's not bad enough you've got decade and a half out of date concepts with some goofy distracting animated logo asshattery in mind, but flash too? You really might want to read up on accessibility and usability norms before you got pissing all over a website with bandwidth wasting trash that has ZERO business on websites in the first place.

You're not going to impress anyone with an animated logo; if anything you're just going to piss off users by making the page take longer to load and risk being penalized by search for the same reason.

deathshadow, Jan 22, 2016 IP