1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

uploading a variable number of files

Discussion in 'PHP' started by VFPGURU, Sep 13, 2010.

Hello all;
    I have a form with a variable amount of upload controls on it. (the names of the objects are license1upload1, license1upload2, license2upload1, etc) I am able to create a form with one upload control and upload the file without a problem(without using variable names)... however when I throw the variables in the loop thats where the problem starts! here is what I have the problem with:
    FOR($x=1; $x<=$max_num_licenses; $x++)
    {
    FOR($y=1; $y<=$max_num_license_transcripts; $y++)
    {
    $thisfilename = "license".$x."upload".$y;
    if (($_FILES[$thisfilename]["type"] == "application/msword")
    || ($_FILES[$thisfilename]["type"] == "text/plain")
    || ($_FILES[$thisfilename]["type"] == "application/pdf" )
    || ($_FILES[$thisfilename]["type"] == "text/richtext" )
    && ($_FILES[$thisfilename]["size"] < 2048)) //2mb
    {
    $upload_file_name = "l_".$_SESSION['ssn'].'_'.$x.'_'.$y.substr($_FILES[$thisfilename]["name"], -4);
    move_uploaded_file($_FILES[$thisfilename]["tmp_name"],"C:/inetpub/wwwroot/uploadedfiles/" . $upload_file_name);
    }
    }
    }
    the problem is that when I do select a file to upload, nothing happens when the form is processed. I can select the same file to upload using a form that has an upload control which doesnt use any variables in the name or ID for the object and it uploads without a problem. could the problem be with passing the variable $thisfilename ?? if so, how should I pass the variable? being that the code is in php, I didnt think that I needed to use the <?php ?> to pass the value... im lost, any help out there?
    Thanks in advance
    SEMrush

VFPGURU, Sep 13, 2010 IP
    SEMrush