1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

upload my coldfusion website?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by davidmichaelt, Oct 2, 2010.

Hello people about 3 weeks ago i set up my own Static website wich i though was a great achiement for of knowing nothing about dreamweaver and html. since then i was not quite satisfied with with the downside of static website, so hence i moved on to creating a dynamic website with the help of tutorials and forums.

now i have my dynamic site fully working in dreamweaver and testing it on local host...

i cannot seem to upload it to my webhosting. i am very comfused about what i need to get inorder to fully upload my website, i am using coldfusion 8 developer addition and mysql database free addition i got from there website. i was just wondering can anybody point me in the right dicrection of getting this site on the road.

i have heard that apache derby is free but i have no information to what it does (i have just heard it from videos but little explanation on what its used for??)

Thanks David

davidmichaelt, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  2. cfStarlight

cfStarlight Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use Dreamweaver. So I've no clue about what's needed there.

It's just a database like MySQL. If you've already chosen to use MySQL, you don't need Derby.

Almost the same as what you'd need for static pages with a few exceptions:
    * Your host needs to support ColdFusion. Otherwise you can upload all the .CFM pages you want, but
    the CF code won't run. It'll probably just display as text.
    * Your host will need to set up a database AND CF datasource. The same way you did locally. Any cfquery's
    in your code will need to use the datasource name provided by your host.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    cfStarlight, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  3. Daoud_Alpha

Daoud_Alpha Peon

Best Answers:
    yes just to add something:
    Coldfusion is very easy to use and very strong, but not at all cheap, at all
    its very expansive comparing to PHP

Daoud_Alpha, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  4. cfStarlight

cfStarlight Peon

Best Answers:
    cfStarlight, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  5. Daoud_Alpha

Daoud_Alpha Peon

Best Answers:
    yes thats right thank you very much to correct me
    but i dont know if there difference between CF entrep and yhe other version like Railo

Daoud_Alpha, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  6. cfStarlight

cfStarlight Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd guess the free versions try to be as compatible as possible. But look on their web sites (Open BlueDragon and Railo) for differences.

cfStarlight, Dec 16, 2010 IP