1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Update - NetXServers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by customer_service, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FISHKINZ

FISHKINZ Banned

Best Answers:
    Cameron has just been talking to me on my Live Help at WhirlHost.
    His email has got hacked, so i presume they clicked the forgot password link and bingo.

FISHKINZ, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  2. saaddy

saaddy Banned

Best Answers:
    then why ruin his chances of keeping his account by contacting others?

saaddy, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  3. Hostingspace4u

Hostingspace4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Its extremely bad for me , I did not come this thread till so long discussion on a scammer, hacker & ****** ,******** , *******

I am more than happy to read this thread......:D

Thanks to DP mods & all people who reported this scammer.

This will be very good for DP as the hacker was hijacking each & every thread of thread of other hosts with help of some of his other friends, & at least now all threads in web hosting are going smooth without fighting & that was not possible without banning cameron.

In press releases he announced that people who wants to cancel their services will get refund but I have found on many forums that NO REFUND IS ISSUED.

This is second largest scam on DP after shoutserv & as same as ash was saying his server was hacked & he had to closed.

Anyways, Thanks to all for helping improving this community

- Hostingspace4u (one of many burnt by cameron )

Hostingspace4u, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  4. saaddy

saaddy Banned

Best Answers:
    as stated before, the plans to have a new site that will list safe web hosting companies has been started and anyone who is willing to join, all you have to do is read this thread and follow the rules. if the admins feel that you are trust worthy then you can get a seal of approval and then if someone wants to know that your trust worthy then they can visit your profile on Safe Web Hosts site to see that you have the seal.

so i encourage everyone to join, submit your hosting company, once your approved then you can be really making deals with the seal of approval by SWH (Safe Web Hosts)

saaddy, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  5. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    LOL would be rather difficult as slander has to be spoken.

Personally I think the law needs some changes to prevent people from getting hurt by scammers minors should be held liable if they commit fraud of their own free will, just as minors in the UK here are convicted, they usually get sent to a young offenders institution. I'm not sure how the system works in the US as i'm from the UK.

I won't comment on this particular incident as I don't know all the facts but I will say please don't let this case cause other youngsters to be put under the same brush as I know quite a few young people who are very good with servers and could manage them with their eyes closed (figuratively speaking) so not every 15-16 year old will be a crappy host, judging them all in this manner is unfair.

Electric-Shadow, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  6. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    I will have to agree on the fact that some 15-16 year olds do know how to run servers and computers and what not but the problem is that (not all) they are young and get board with the whole idea of having to deal with customers and do not take it seriously. This is just a general statement not pointing this to anyone in particular. I just know that i have hosted several young kids and they are good with there customers for a while then all of a sudden they disappear. The younger kids may know the e way around a server or computer I have seen personally my little sisters friends that were still in high school could do anything when it came to computers.. so it is not about the knowledge the may or may not have it is more of the commitment that they can not pt in to it.. like i said this is not about the knowledge or directed to anyone but most look at this a a hobby to make a few dollars to take their girl friend out or to get that iphone they want.

so please no one take this personally

IwhiC, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  7. saaddy

saaddy Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with IwhiC on that...we know several people who are at least 16+ that have great knowledge with computers - Photoshop, Servers, and more... so not all youngsters are scammers, hackers or anything else...

so it depends on how they act and as IwhiC said, their attention span to handle their customers or whether they are serious about offering hosting.

saaddy, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  8. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, the knowledge will take you a long way but good customer service will earn you $$$ plain and simple all it requires is just a little bit of effort (it costs nothing) and patience. Some clients can test your nerves as I learnt from experience being a rep for a host but it's important not to let your personal feelings get in the way it will only project a bad image if you yell abuse back at clients and make them sorry they ever spoke to you.

However youngsters can also provide very good customer service whilst maintaining an excellent hosting service, I have seen it with my very own eyes, but the kiddy hosts who set up and mess up aren't giving the good guys the cleanest of images lol

Electric-Shadow, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  9. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm back. I decided that I would come here and give some final comments just to clear a few things up. I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if I miss some stuff out!

Let's start with the age thing; I'm not 18. But I'm not exactly what your claiming either :) If I was 12-15, do you really think I would have time to be here, online, hire staff and run a company with 8 staff and 300+ customers? Nope. It's not really possible. But hey, believe what you want! It's a free world and you can think, do and act how you want.

Secondly. I did not scam anyone. I like how everyone was focusing this around me. The company was not fully owned by me anyway! We had a few bad reviews (3 I think?) but you can't keep 300 customers happy, right? And anyway, most of them were resolved.

The NetX issue. Now this was an interesting one. Some of the servers were resold, but we owned some of the equipment ourselves. We had issues with the DataCenter (Which James/M.T dealt with to the best of their ability) but we decided due to the instability of the DC, we would take all clients out of there. Imagine what would have happened if we had left customers there and one day: POOF! all data and servers gone. Would it have been better that way? Nope. I believe what we did was the best for everyone involved. People got refunds and it was left at that.

I don't hack. Why would I bother? It would make me look bad... If I were to hack, then post it on a forum, I must be a total idiot. I have full screenshots of it in a browser... (img264.imageshack.us/img264/3720/logmy3.jpg). But believe what you want. You can believe I'm a rouge hacker/cracker. It won't affect my life in anyway! :)

I sold NetXCorporate because we were getting constantly hacked, my MSN, email, all my accounts etc were hacked. I decided to sell it to make sure the clients weren't affected any further then the hackers already made them. Please note, I won't be reachable on MSN etc as they deleted it (Nice, eh!)

Now down to individual people:

IwhiC - You are a good hosting provider; one of the best here on DP at the moment. I know you'll stick around to keep the real scammers in line! I'll shoot you a PM with my email in a while so you can contact me if I can ever help in anyway.
    Prilep - Same as above. I know you'll be around as well. Just ignore all the losers here (I'm referring to your latest dedicated server thread). You'll power on even if it is after much criticism!
    FreeTheNoob - Your certainly getting into the top hosting providers at DP! You'll eventually be up with the others and I'm sure you'll be very successful. Sending you a PM too.
    FISHKINZ - You have my contact details. I'll keep in touch!
    Stroh - Well, what happened between us, the server issues etc was a damn big problem. But hey, I'm over it now. Just keep running FireBallHost as you were and stay the hell away from BurstNET and you'll be one of the 'high up hosts' here soon too! You were a good guy to talk to when it wasn't about our server issue, and I hope you stay like that.
    Jacob - You just don't like me, do you! We never got shipped off to the Netherlands :( (Don't worry if you don't know what I'm on about, inside joke) I personally wouldn't want to be a client of yours, but obviously some people do, and good luck.
    Hostingspace4u - I don't like you, never have, never will. You screwed up. you suspended everyone's accounts. You are a scammer and that wont change.
    SarahLee + customer_service - I'm pretty sure your the same account (The Dudleys?) The reason you didn't get the job is that I was constantly pressured on MSN. I had like 300 unread PM's here on DP so I only got to your application before I was banned. Sorry. Don't hold a grudge, get on with your life. I plan too do it!
    Sarahk + Moderation team - Sorry about this duplicate account! I had no way of getting my part across otherwise. I'll report myself when this is posted so you can ban me. @ Sarahk: You said I couldn't post, you never said anything about PM's :p. It would have been nice if you guys could have been a bit faster when un-banning me, but oh well, you guys are busy, and I personally wouldn't want your jobs! Keep up the good work.
    Ishan - Don't know what your problem is, but I could start digging up stuff about you? Remember the ExtremoHost problem? I'm not going to do that, I don't like to kill reputations of people if they don't exactly do anything wrong, or aren't a scammer.
    Splatcatballa99 - We still have to work out a few things relating to your employment. You know how to contact me :)
    Economist - If we were betting, I'll bet you are a duplicate account of some sort. But oh well, spread rumors, waste your time, you can't have a very happy/interesting life! Also, hacking into my server? Seriously. You are such a hypocrite....
    cdenterprises - Will keep in touch with you too! You know how to contact me.
    @ Other hosts: Through this thread, I can see quite a few good hosts here. Good luck to all of you.
    @ General members: It's up to you who you want to believe

OK, well I'm done here. Please mods, don't delete this post, but if you have to, please email my on account email and I'll have someone else post it for me. Sorry if I missed you out in the above post.

I've probably missed a few things out, so don't assume I'm dodging questions etc.

Finally; I will be back. Probably not on DigitalPoint, but I will be back in the hosting industry. This probably won't be for quite a while, but when it is, I'll make sure that we're back as a registered company and a lot better planning then this time around.

I don't plan to monitor this thread after today, so if you guys want to keep fighting over this, enjoy!

Bye Bye! :cool:

Cameron [NetXHosting], Aug 23, 2008 IP
  10. saaddy

saaddy Banned

Best Answers:
    its really sad, when the person has to make it sound like they are something else, but didn't answer anything that was really sad..couldn't get the age issue resolved, but other than

which really didn't tell us anything, other than he is acting his age which isn't 18 obviously...lol

and i thought it wasn't allowed to be attacking people on DP...so i think that his post should be either edited or deleted...

well if we want we could get netxservers and anything else he had registered to keep me screwed from having it for his..."return" lol

saaddy, Aug 23, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.