1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Upcoming project, a question about the approach to take to deliver...

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Dominic Ceraso, Feb 24, 2015.

Okay guys, I have a huge project beginning march 1st. It all came about relatively quickly - I need to basically build a custom video training system using php. One requirement for the project is to have a video playing on the site (also on mobile) and intermittently throughout the video have it pause and a question with 4 radio buttons popup - obviously we will need to keep track of the radios to deliver the test results and percentage.

My question is what would the approach you all would take to overlay the questions over the video - random questions, at particular points in each video - The problem i am TRULY having is for IOS mobile - how the F*** am i supposed to overlay questions when video on iPhone and iPad default to full screen with little to no customization....

Argghhh any input would be appreciated.

Dominic.

Dominic Ceraso, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Do you HAVE to have it embedded? Could you do it step by step? Say, first part of video, then show questionaire, when that's answered, show second video, etc. etc.?

PoPSiCLe, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  3. Dominic Ceraso

Dominic Ceraso Member

Best Answers:
    unfortunately, no it needs to be embedded. I already asked them that lol - I wish i could have gotten away with that one.

Dominic Ceraso, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  4. Dominic Ceraso

Dominic Ceraso Member

Best Answers:
    no help huh..guess i am all on my own once again :) lol

Dominic Ceraso, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Personally I've never had to implement anything like this. I'm sure it's possible, but what I would ask "is it worth the hassle". Developing something like this will be more expensive than doing it in a less fancy way. Good luck, though. If you make the solution modular, and retain the rights, it might be a sellable solution.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  6. Dominic Ceraso

Dominic Ceraso Member

Best Answers:
    very true - this is the whole basis off of why their business idea is better than the competition - it makes employee training 'fun' . So yes, I am hoping to make it modular and this part was negotiated to be allowed as a resellable script.

Dominic Ceraso, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Employee training is NEVER fun :D But yeah, I guess having a slightly more fancy interface and "feel" could make it at least tolerable.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  8. Dominic Ceraso

Dominic Ceraso Member

Best Answers:
    yea it isnt fun, but these guys have a bunch of experience on the subject. No body else has any input huh?

Dominic Ceraso, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Well, just theorising here, but a javascript overlay which checks the time, pauses the video and shows the form when paused and within the correct time window? Dunno if that'll work on ios, buy if you're using HTMLs video functionality it should, at least in theory.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 28, 2015 IP