1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unusual traffic on one of the ads

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by qwikad.com, Dec 9, 2014.

I have an ad on my classifieds that is producing an enormous amount of visits. I personally do not think they are real:

http://qwikad.com/124/posts/6-Services/170-Small-Business/114811-Sewing-By-Nelli.html

On average a paid ad (similar to this one) will get about 2000-4000 real hits during the same duration.

I looked at the source code of the ad and the images in it are hosted by http://www.use.com/

Can somebody tell me what is going on and why this ad is getting so many hits?

Any input would be appreciated.

qwikad.com, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  2. Brent Jones

Brent Jones Active Member

Best Answers:
    No idea @qwikad.com

Do you have any ability to see where those hits are coming from? Source? Location?

Brent Jones, Dec 10, 2014 IP
    usemyteam likes this.
  3. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Brent is right. Can you track the source of those clicks?

usemyteam, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I probably could and should. I thought maybe somebody can confirm that images stored on use.com can create impressions or something.

The thing is we only register unique clicks, so it can't be just a simple reloading of that ad.

I guess, I am going to add Google analytics just for that ad to see what's going on.

qwikad.com, Dec 10, 2014 IP