1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unterminated String Constant Error in i.e.

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by teevguy, Sep 12, 2008.

I have struggled for a few days looking up this problem and have now joined this forum hoping for an answer.

The site I designed is w3c compliant yet the ie browser, both 6 & 7, display the following error in the bottom left: "Done but with errors on page". When I click the error message the detail is as follows:

Line: 73
    Char: 208
    Error: Unterminated string constant
    URL: http://www.lasewing.com

All indicators have lead to a javascript problem. Any help would increase the amount of time before I go bald.

Thanks,

Larry

teevguy, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  2. serialCoder

serialCoder Guest

Best Answers:
    the problem is on this line in the opening <body> tag

<body onload="MM_preloadImages('img/front.jpg.','img/Husqvarna-Viking_logo02.jpg','img/singer_logo_01.gif','img/designer_diamond_fp.jpg','img/hv_right_mainpage.gif,',img/singer_right_mainpage.gif,',img/myembroideries.gif)">

change it with this

<body onload="MM_preloadImages('img/front.jpg','img/Husqvarna-Viking_logo02.jpg','img/singer_logo_01.gif','img/designer_diamond_fp.jpg','img/hv_right_mainpage.gif','img/singer_right_mainpage.gif','img/myembroideries.gif')">

serialCoder, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. teevguy

teevguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I can't figure out what you did, but I copied the code and the error is gone. Much obliged!

Larry

teevguy, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  4. serialCoder

serialCoder Guest

Best Answers:
    no worries mate, always happy to provide some help :)

serialCoder, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  5. silendreamer

silendreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    difference is here

,'img/hv_right_mainpage.gif[COLOR="red"],',[/COLOR]img/singer_right_mainpage.gif,'

Code (markup):

'img/hv_right_mainpage.gif[COLOR="red"]','[/COLOR]img/singer_right_mainpage.gif'

Code (markup):

silendreamer, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  6. ChicagoMom

ChicagoMom Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a new member and signed into this forum because I am currently struggling with the same error.

In the initial post, I found that the <body onload="MM_preloadImages('img/front.jpg.',' had the period imbedded after .jpg.
    And the correction pointed to the ' ' ' ' , ' fix. BUT, the period after the .jpg had been deleted also.

I am curious....would the period after the jpg play into the error also. If so, is this the type of errors for which I should be looking to resolve my issue?

Thank you in advance.

ChicagoMom, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  7. schiffenberg

schiffenberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure anyone is still following this thread - but here's to hoping.. I'm having a similiar issue: Script Error Line: 1, Char 52, Error Unterminated string constant, Code: 0, I'm not a real computer techy geek, would love to know how to fix this so I use my program to get some work done! Thanks..

schiffenberg, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  8. JohnnySchultz

JohnnySchultz Peon

Best Answers:
    honestly, i don't use that preloader, it is generated by Dreamweaver, you can just remove it.
    it doesn't give any big effect to the page that you are doing..

found this article that teaches how to preload images..

JohnnySchultz, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  9. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ChicagoMom:

It would produce an error (x.jpg. isn't a valid filename) but a different one, not "unterminated string".

@shiffenberg:

Post line 1 and we'll see. This isn't something abyone can get by guessing.

Rukbat, Feb 25, 2012 IP