1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unsure about investment of $50k

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ExodusNZ, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    $50k I would split up as follows:

$40k invest into the purchase of a multi-family structure, such as a small townhouse complex. Most lenders will give you about a 90% LTV, so you could get a commercial mortgage for around $450k with that much down. That's enough to buy a multi family building in several places. Use the rents to pay the mortgage (a $440k commercial mortgage will run you about $3000/month in debt payments, but if you can find a 5 unit multifamily structure it will cover it). The building depreciation and capital cost allowance will lower the taxes you pay every year, and you build equity in it over the next 10 years. Then tell it for $2 million in about 15 years.

$5k - get a dedicated server and buy a huge number of domains (around 50ish). Then build tones and tones of content, and hire people at DP to build backlinks and promote the sites for you, that way you just have to worry about managing the site, not promoting it.

$5k - take a vacation. Saving for all these years you deserve a treat :)

Christian Little, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  2. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "hire people at DP to build backlinks and promote the sites for you" for which money ? It looks like all $50k already spent atm by your plan:)

SEOLinker, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  3. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    If it's stocks and shares and you don't know much about it then you're better off putting your money into an Index Tracking fund. Your money will be spread across a specified stock market and it's done semi-automatically so there's no real-person directly managing your fund. These are the safest bets of investing in stocks and shares - in the UK we also have TAX umbrellas for these schemes that mean we can invest a certain amount before paying any tax.

You should first clear any debts before investing then you should maximise on all your countries tax incentives.

Once you've got all those covered then you should probably invest in property. Pretty much world-wide the property market has been growing 8% year-on-year. The stock market has grown about 14% but it's over a longer period - investing in shares should be done for anything less than 5 years and 15 is probably better. When investing in the stock market you should be thinking of that as your retirement fund - even when you're as young as you are :)

Good luck - It sounds like you already have a good saving habit so make sure you continue this and don't squander your money.

Cheers, p.

pondlife, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  4. RLYesq

RLYesq Member

Best Answers:
    Like anything else in life, there are no guarantees.

You can invest in the stock market - where you should get 10-12% return... but you could get zero.

You can invest in a business - where you should get six figures in months... but you could get zero.

It's the probability that counts, and in both, the probability is high.

RLYesq, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  5. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "You can invest in the stock market - where you should get 10-12% return... but you could get zero."

I can simply put money in the bank in my country and get this 10-12% yearly return. And 100% do get this percents.

You mean yearly returns ? If yes, then you can do the same and don't bother with this ...emm...stocks.

SEOLinker, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  6. RLYesq

RLYesq Member

Best Answers:
    What country are you in?

RLYesq, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  7. WMNZ

WMNZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Aotearoa...

WMNZ, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  8. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    WMNZ, something funny I've said, huh ?

RLYeaq, I am in Ukraine. Eastern Europe.

SEOLinker, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  9. viperxx

viperxx Peon

Best Answers:
    My uncle invested in the stock market 12 years ago with $15,000. Now he has over $3 million in assets.
    It all depends on how who you invests in.

viperxx, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  10. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "It all depends on how who you invests in."

I agree. I talked about more wise method with 10-12% yearly return. Nothing more.

SEOLinker, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  11. Sully

Sully Peon

Best Answers:
    Real Estate, recurring income is the only income.

Sully, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  12. dapyx

dapyx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Real estate is what you should invest in, that's where all my money went into in the last couple of years, and each year that money is doubled, or even more. But that's passive investment, if you have time try to build something from scratch.

dapyx, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  13. lip9000

lip9000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Invest in advertising your site as much as you can. Buy links from high PR sites.

lip9000, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  14. RLYesq

RLYesq Member

Best Answers:
    I know where the Ukraine is. :)

Banks are considered "safe" places to put your money - which is why the rates of return are so low relative to the returns you'd get in the equity market.

If you're getting 10-12% at the bank, then the returns from your stock market (if it exists) must be much higher - and much riskier.

Either that, or your inflation is so great that a 10-12% return means nothing.

As for real estate, putting it all into real estate (or advertising) would mean all your assets are concentrated in one asset class.

You can get rich by underdiversifying...

But you can't stay rich by underdiversifying.

RLYesq, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  15. RLYesq

RLYesq Member

Best Answers:
    Two weeks at $50k? Very expensive, indeed...

RLYesq, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  16. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Property is always good if you are looking for a long term investment. You may have to pay a bit to top up your mortgage every month but in say 20 years you should be debt free earning around $300 a week in rent. Your property will have probably just about doubled in value by then also.

If you do invest in property I would seriously look into putting your mortgage on a fixed rate (even though it is quite high at the moment) because the RBNZ are still trying to find ways to curb the property market in New Zealand. They don't necessarily want to raise the OCR because they don't want to drive our $$ up any further so they have been brainstorming other ways to do this. One of which was to put a tax on your mortgage, which will effectively increase the % you pay each month.

If you want a really safe investment, New Zealand has some really good term deposit rates at the moment, however I would be careful investing in finance companies. (there have been too many bridgecorp like closures lately)

There are also Hedge funds that you can earn between 10% - 15%. These do involve slightly more risk though. But if you go through places like Rabo Bank or ASB you should be fine

jaredgravatt, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  17. Cadelaf

Cadelaf Peon

Best Answers:
    Taking No risks makes life pointless..

Go for the stock market and win big or lose big

Cadelaf, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  18. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    In New Zealand you can "win big" by investing in property. There are hundreds if not thousands of property millionaires here.

There is also a lot less risk in investing in property if you do it right because although the value of property can increase just as much, if not more than stocks, it very rarely decreases in value.

Your only risk is the mortgage rates, but if they get too big for you to handle, sell up and you will probably still come out on top

jaredgravatt, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  19. Doctorlove

Doctorlove Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I run an investment site,and must say the yehoo investment idea made me
    ROFL....Lolzzzzz...

To the thread starter..
    There are sooooooooooo many ways you can make money on the net. But you have to be good at what you do, and be willing to learn what it takes to achive our goals..

Perhaps if you tell us more about you interests, we could guide you better.
    At this stage, i would invest in new ideas. New services on net that hasent been launched...

DL

Doctorlove, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  20. spygadget

spygadget Banned

Best Answers:
    Well ....in my vision you should buy few HIGH traffic websites which make like $100 to $500 and just relax for rest of your life, I show people how to make money online and they make money like water and this money never stops through out your life buddy....also if you have some room for Domain buying buy OLD domains with HIGH PR and optimize them to get Real traffic on the website and then SELL of them for Good price.

Do get back to me if you need any additional support from my end, with regards to how to make money online, i can show you live examples which will give you confidance for sure.

Regards
    Nandan

spygadget, Dec 1, 2007 IP