1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unlogical SEO drop...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GrodanBoll, Feb 8, 2012.

One of my sites were ranked on page 5 in google for one of its main keywords. I wanted to improve this rank, so I bought a hardlink (with the anchor that is the same as the keyword) from a very strong pr6 site. So what is the result? Well, the rankings has dropped steady since I gained that link. page 6, page 7, page 10... now about 2 weeks later the site now end up on page 14 in google! I don't get it... do you?

GrodanBoll, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  2. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lots of factors to consider.. first just because the site says it's PR6 does not mean it's a real PR6, second if it is a PR6 site that does not mean it's a 'very strong' site as PR can be bought anyway.

Other factors, 1 link will not do everything, on page / off page factors, lack of content, lack of good content, to many ads.. the list can go on and on

J.P, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  3. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just a coincidence .... maybe you should be on 14. Did you build other backlinks during the 2 weeks period ?

pavv, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  4. Balaji Naidu

Balaji Naidu Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are able to get backlink from those page rank 6 website that definitely you should have moved ahead rather than going backward in terms of SERP. But here even the theme of the linked website plays a huge role. Further also consider whether those links are do follow or no follow.

Balaji Naidu, Feb 8, 2012 IP