1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

University/College and Adsense?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by CoolioVendetta, Sep 29, 2006.

Has anyone had any experience with using Adsense when your living on campus?

I'm starting tommorow and I'm abit worried about the IP address being the same, with click fraud and all that.

CoolioVendetta, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  2. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    Good point, I never really thought about that. I never had direct experience with it but I imagine it could possibly be a problem. Expecially if you plan to primarily promote the site and have most of your visitors from campus.

thewindmaster, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  3. CoolioVendetta

CoolioVendetta Peon

Best Answers:
    Aye, I was hoping to take advantage of the marketing opportunities at university, but if it means risking my account its abit of a nightmare.

CoolioVendetta, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  4. fendi

fendi Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't have any problem using adsense while i'm in uni. i never let anybody in uni knows what site i'm running. and my site is not really uni-students targetted so the chance ppl from my uni found my sites is quite small.

fendi, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  5. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think it will be a problem as long as you don't login to your adsense account from campus. else, there wouldn't be any university dating/network sites.

Zedzero, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  6. fablex

fablex Peon

Best Answers:
    put an IP block on it in PHP. When the IP is your campus IP, dont show the ads.

fablex, Sep 29, 2006 IP