1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Universal Analytics will be going away

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Corobori, Mar 25, 2022.

Hi,

I recently entered my Google Analytics account and saw a message saying that Google Analytics 4 is our next-generation measurement solution, and it’s replacing Universal Analytics. On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits . This message is linking the following page

And I guess all information gathered thru UA will be scraped at some stage around 2024, that is what I assumed from this “After July 1, 2023, you’ll be able to access your previously processed data in your Universal Analytics property for at least six months. We know your data is important to you, and we strongly encourage you to Export your historical reports during this time.”

I migrated one small website and from what I understand is that the migration assistant created a new property for GA4 independent from the UA one.

Is this correct to assume that actual data won’t be copied across from UA to GA4 and that any traffic comparison between a period after the migration to a period before the migration won’t be possible ?

Corobori, Mar 25, 2022 IP
  2. Kianihosting

Kianihosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard both that it is and is not going to be possible to transfer the data.
    My recommendation would be to just dump GA and start using matomo.
    It's a free (if self-hosted) and open-source analytics tool with a more detailed view of everything. (Fully GDPR compliant)

Kianihosting, Jun 26, 2022 IP