1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Well, you are not now and it shows. The Democrats have handily managed the economy and in the proper fashion for governance as they were elected to do. And the Republicans are on their way back? - you will do just fine in a few months.....lots of luck.

The moderator might explain it for you better than I.

Breeze Wood, May 18, 2010 IP
  2. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Republicans, another phony - if not in denial to their loses, surreptitious in their concocted beliefs.

Breeze Wood, May 18, 2010 IP
  3. Tufail

Tufail Peon

Best Answers:
    not a depression, but towards a complete disaster. obviously guyz, whatever US is doing to other countries, in iraq, afghanistan, pakistan and many other countries!!!!!
    US policies are quite open and now known to all. USSR's example is not that old!!!!!

Tufail, May 19, 2010 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    How old are you? 12? I, nor you are running, or were running anything. So again, please explain what power it is you think I personally lost?

The only thing democrats have managed to do is spend money. They were doing that under GWB, and continue under BHO.

Their going to explain what "warented" means? :confused::confused::confused:

Mia, May 19, 2010 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with your assessment. Bush tried to "out Democrat" the Democrats -- and it got him nowhere. The more left he traveled, the louder they complained. His "kindler and gentler" Republicanism was not significantly better than his father's.

The Republican party really needs to regroup, decide what it believes it, and promote that vision. Trying to be better liberals than the liberals is a path to failure.

Will.Spencer, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Why hasn't Breezewood been talking about the stock market and its downward spiral?

What Republicans need to do is go back to being conservative and learn not to apologize for having done so.

Mia, May 24, 2010 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, down 123pts but still above 10,000 - the market is establishing new leadership in specific stocks, the summers typically can be slow.

Clinton had the same tendency of trying to appeal to the right - Bushes greatest moment was choosing Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court.

Breeze Wood, May 24, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's kind of like Zibblu and his alleged GM stock purchases. Predicting the market is tough, but I would not be at all surprised to see us break 10,000 again, and perhaps retest some of the lows of 2008.

Re: Republicans, can you see either party actually working at cutting the size of government(and therefore the deficit)? They all grease each other, so asking them to cut their own size is like asking them which one of their family members they want to kill. Voting Republican is like voting for Hugo Chavez over Joseph Stalin. Its an obvious choice, but still not a good one.

I suspect the culture in Washington is going to have to change before we see candidates who will truly work on our behalf. Term limits are an obvious first step. One great by-product of Obama is the middle class is learning to community organize. I'm cautiously optimistic the recent activism, blogging, and involvement we see will last beyond this midterm election. It would be nice if, for a change, the voice of the average american screaming for fiscal sanity was heard over the idiots screaming for equal rights for illegal immigrants or an end to stem cell research.

Have you seen the liberals trying to paint Rand Paul as a segregationist? More hoops and hollars from the gallery of the lunatic fringe.

Obamanation, May 24, 2010 IP
  9. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing is for sure the electric had enough of the Republicans to kick them out of office - and as far as their comeback in November they will be doing it without Kentucky, Florida, Ohio, and...... they have the momentum but hopping for a declining market to vault their comeback just proves their instability.

Breeze Wood, May 24, 2010 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I wasn't aware the "electric" had an opinion on the matter (or any matter).

Obamanation, May 24, 2010 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Still above what?

Hey, between you and me, I want it to go down. The more it goes down the better. The economy still needs to shrink, and these overvaluations of companies and commodities needs to continue to go down. When that happens our dollar goes up and oil comes down. The biggest losers? Foreign entities that have money in the SM. Going down!!!!

For the record, the season has nothing to do with the current downward trend and sell off.

Mia, May 25, 2010 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only some are hopping for a declining market. Others are skipping.

Interesting perspective!

Corwin, May 25, 2010 IP
  13. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Not to mention pension funds, retirement accts., the heart of the American economy etc. etc.

Has broken below 10000 - Mia's dream come true.

Breeze Wood, May 25, 2010 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Don't put your money in the market. Its a really dumb place to keep it, unless you plan to be there for a long haul.

Its not the "heart of the American economy" btw. Not by a LONG SHOT!

Last edited: May 25, 2010
    Mia, May 25, 2010 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, it's my opinion that the best thing to do with your money is to invest in a business. I'd like to hear other's opinions on that.

Corwin, May 25, 2010 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    As Mia and Corwin point out, the heart of the American economy is small business. Most of those people don't even show up in the unemployment statistics, but if they did, you would be horrified to see the real state of the American economy right now. Most small business people I know (and that is a lot) are either out of business or scraping by.

As far as the down going below 10k, my guess is you haven't seen anything yet. Even if you think TARP was necessary, I would love to meet the person who could explain to me how spending another trillion on health care, trillion on stimulus, and 250 billion(being voted on this week) on jobs, healthcare, and military is going to do anything but destabilize our economy. Did I mention Obama permanently adjusted the annual federal budget to the emergency spending levels used in 2009? Perhaps the next great vacuum cleaner company will be called "Obama". Nothing sucks like an Obama.

Obamanation, May 25, 2010 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    My opinion has always been, tangible appreciable assets.

These include: artwork, real estate, automobiles (collector that is), etc.
    Investing in a "business" per say is another great appreciable asset. Assuming you have some other vested interest in the business and it pays dividends, that's another great place to put money.

Places I do not put money.

Banks
    Stock Market
    Bonds
    Mutual Funds
    401's, etc.

Places I do put money:

Into my business
    Real estate, commercial and residential
    Automobiles
    Artwork
    Credit Unions
    Life insurance (these payoff a guaranteed interest rate, higher than BANKS!)
    Charity (aside from the deductions, the rewards are greater than anything else I've spent money on)

One of the things I like to do is mitigate risk. The payoff is not as great, but there's rarely a loss. Keeping my savings in a credit union earns me a higher rate of return, and offers benefits when it comes to borrowing if its needed that are much more attractive than a bank. Life insurance is a necessary evil. Not just for me, but for my family too. I figure why keep money in a money market at .08 percent when I can earn 8 in a life insurance policy. Its like a savings account that you can use whether dead or alive.

When it comes to my passion for collector cars, they are something that not only do not lose value, they offer me enjoyment and use in the interim. The same can be said of art. I'd much rather see what I've earned and enjoy it then take a chance that it might pay off or go bust.

When I need to retire, I start selling ASSETS. Or I just pass them onto loved ones. The biggest risk I have? Well, its just one small part of the bigger HEART OF THE AMERICAN ECONOMY. I own a small business. I'm part of the large group of Americans that contribute over 85% of the entire income our economy generates. I'm one of the producers of wealth. I'm one of many that keep people like Obama employed; Americans employed. I'm a small part of the available tax dollars that make up over 85% of our GDP!!!

I am a part of the Heart of the American Economy! And I've been doing it for over 13 years with NO HELP from the US GOVERNMENT. No bailouts, no loans, no tax breaks, nothing. I get up, go to work every day and continually get kicked in the nuts. But I keep doing it. The alternative is much worse IMO.

One of these days, we small business owners should go on "STRIKE", so those of you like Breeze can truly understand the impact we have on the majority of the US economy and the livelihoods of those "guests" that currently occupy our house in DC.

Mia, May 25, 2010 IP
  18. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Go on strike if it will solve your persecution complex and let us know how it turned out, particularly with the "majority of the US economy".

Nothing is more important in investment than diversification whatever the choices and the same is true of Business being comprised of a multitude of components including as one of them family businesses as well others as farming, athletics, education, medicine etc. etc. to the industrial complexes and industries that are the heart of the American economy reflected in the national exchanges of "public" investment.

Republican exclusivity is why they are voted out of power and deserve to stay that way.

Breeze Wood, May 25, 2010 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Is this your opinion, or that of the "electric"?

Obamanation, May 25, 2010 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is so funny to use such words to describe empty beer cans, not to mention imaginative which is surprising. ;):D

gworld, May 26, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.