1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obamanation:

The link is here

Take a look at the graphs on pages 2 and 10. The bottom graph on page 2 describes something that should never take place if you believe in the endless contentions that "markets are always right, markets are superior, markets make better decisions...yada, yada, yada....like the endless claims of the Paulists (whatever they call themselves) and the extremist right wing that believes business is always right and superior to anything govt can do.

I have yet to hear one of these commentators make any comments about the phenomena in those graphs.

They show the following:

1. Office development in Fairfax Cty, Va over a 29 year period.
    2. That is a microcosm of office development in the US--especially and particularly during the 1980's. That period of unbelievable growth caused the recession of the late 1980's early 1990's. Too much investment in property. It didn't work anymore with way too much vacancy.
    3. The investments went bad. The financial institutions that held the loans went bankrupt...and the US had a major recession and a huge financial bailout crisis.

4. At some point, roughly mid decade....supply was way out of whack with demand as shown in rising vacancy rates. At that point supply should have slowed or stopped.

5. It didn't. About another 5 million feet/year was built.

6. This is what happened all across the nation.

7. There is a huge disconnect between financial firms and how they are valued, their access to cash, and their ability to pour it into crappy investments. It happened in the 80's/ 90's and it occurred again this decade.

I would oversee the financial industry. Since the 1980's they have created 2 enormous economic crises in the US and more recently world wide. When they fail on this enormous level....the rest of the economy tanks.

They have too much responsibility to the rest of the world. In a rush for short term profits....they screw up and everyone pays.

Unregulated financial institutions have now screwed the nation twice in recent times. F*ck them. Its appropriate to control what they are doing.

earlpearl, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I point out the government is spending us into poverty and you respond with, "Private industry makes mistakes"??

Here are some other off-topic items generally considered to be true:

1) The sky appears blue when viewed from the earths surface at daytime.

2) Overeating makes you fat.

3) Lack of exercise makes you weak.

4) Spending more than you have makes you poor.

None of this has anything to do with the FACT that our government has been spending at an unsustainable pace, and has precipitously accelerated that pace in the last year. The results of that type of spending are also a known FACT.

All these other discussions(Need for health care reform, your citation of need for regulation of the financial sector)are distractions from the very basic fact that we are accelerating down a dead end street. Of course we need health care and health insurance reform(we have for some time). Of course the financial industry needs reasonable regulation. None of that will matter when a gallon of milk costs $1254.00(or 2 euros), and that day is coming... RAPIDLY.

Why don't you focus on making your government officials behave responsibly with your life savings, before asking them to make others (the financial sector, the insurance sector, the automobile sector, the education sector, the health care sector) behave responsibly with the small portion of your interests they control. Instead of asking Rosie O'Donnell to diet, your asking her to control the nations supply of ice cream. The logic of that.:confused:

Obamanation, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  3. Tufail

Tufail Peon

Best Answers:
    whatever whoever says, US is not heading towards a depression,
    its heading towards a complete disaster, for sure.
    we have a very good and shining example in front of us, USSR,
    and the next is US

Tufail, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And what's even stranger is that the FDIC is violating federal law by failing to seize large numbers of failing banks. The FDIC is refusing to do it's duty, because of political pressure. The Obama administration doesn't want Americans to know just how badly they have screwed up the economy, so they are letting insolvent banks continue to operate in order to make the situation appear less desperate than it really is.

Karl Denninger has written quite a bit on the FDIC's criminal failure to enforce Prompt Corrective Action (PCA). Two of his many posts on this issue are The FDIC Must Be Indicted and Is the Press Waking Up? This is an issue which is going to become big in the next year.

Passing new federal laws giving the government even more power is ridiculous when the government isn't bothering to use the power with which the American people have already entrusted them.

Will.Spencer, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Paul been shut down regarding the Fed's audit http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=atc2o1ijLRno
    Wealth is being transfered into teh hands of a few elite families while the country is going down the drain.

Anybody else see there a greater goal being in place?

I don't buy the incompetence excuse. This is deliberate and incompetence and stupidity on the part of certain politicians does by no means do anything else than provide the perfect disguise for the operations conducted so meticulously, that most Americans are blindly accepting the surface without asking why.

Blogmaster, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    So what's the deal with CIT? I thought Obama said the big banks were TOO BIG TO FAIL. What gives? Now we'll never get our money back.

In other news the only American automaker that did not go bankrupt and did not collect government money made a profit. Go figure.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    Mia, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    They have to move quickly right now in order to get everything they have planned for to continue as planned.
    http://www.myloansconsolidated.com/...l-confession-obamanomics-is-just-not-working/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/documents/JECTestimony_October09-final.pdf

Makes me actually think the whole balloon story was manufactured considering the dad was an eye witness news reporter for CNN.

Did anybody catch the administration officially admitting it was a failure? The one thing that helped get Obama into office has now admittedly become "not working"?

Sure, CIT was called too big to fail, but the bankers running the world bank will not rest until every bank has been under their control.

The big ones will not necessarily fail, but whatever it will be called in order to give the FED control over them is going to be blessed by them.

Blogmaster, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think Rush had it right when he said Obama is a narcissist who is "immature, inexperienced, in over his head.

The three "I"s that sum up Obama, his life and his capabilities.

Mia, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I am definitely NOT calling him the mastermind behind everything, don't get me wrong. I do however believe he is a puppet for some brilliant people who do have "greater goals" and he is the right shill.

10. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    So, since he has achieved more than you ever will, what does that make you? :)

ThraXed, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    he sold his soul and became a poster boy. It doesn't make Obama a winner. In my book he is a loser. He is the NWO closer so to speak.

The perfect deceiver. And from what you write, I am pretty sure you are one of the many being deceived.

12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That much is more than evident. I've called him a Yes Man since the beginning. After all, how does someone this young, inept, inexperienced who spent all of 5 minutes as a senator become president?

Actually, you're incorrect. We've achieved exactly the same. GITMO is still open for business, the war is still going on, unemployment is still high, still no health care plan... I'd have to say we're pretty much even.

Of course, I've actually had a job. I've actually earned a living. I actually paid for my eduction. I've actually run a business. In less time, I've accomplished more in terms of actual life's experience and contribution to society.

So what does it make me Thraxed? Anything but a leech on the system, that of which Obama has been since birth and continues to be to this day. He's a burden, and one that I pay for.

Mia, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am beginning to wonder if this group of people is trying to make 3 classes of people: those on welfare, those in government (welfare Pro) and those who work to pay for it all.

debunked, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The later can only continue to do so for so long. Then everything collapses. What a nice goal.

Mia, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  15. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I must have missed something while I was absent for a couple of months.

Did Obamanation finally come out of the closet and show his true colors?

Firegirl, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  16. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The situation is getting serious because Barney Frank and company insist on keeping the housing bubble inflated.

The bottom line is that rents don't cover the costs of a mortgage and taxes.

Freddie Mac and HUD are also in deep as well. A lot of buyers that have purchased homes over the last 12 months will be underwater within the next 12 months.

bogart, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  19. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was I ever in the closet? Whenever someone justifies their agenda by telling you black is white, the truth of the thing should be self apparent. Another reason Obama's numbers are plummeting. You may find it of interest to know that Zibblu is a right wing shill. Of course the biggest beneficiary to moderates and conservatives right now is our beloved President. I salute him for a job well done.

Obamanation, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Wow, speaking of pulling things out of his ass. Its amazing to me that the very guy who between his gay lover and himself were almost single-handedly responsible for the demise of Fannie Mae are now being allowed to do it all over again. WTF???

Something about using "bottom" and Frank in the same post... :eek: anyway - Frank is either fucking retarded or wants to fuck things up more. Maybe that's how he gets his rocks off.

No shit... Add to this that first time home buyer credit which will equate to a lot of first timers defaulting in the first 3 months. Unbelievable. The government would be better off just letting me and other current home owners go tax free for 2 years.

Mia, Nov 6, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.