1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unique Product Identifiers for Google Product Search

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by GoogleBaseUser, Aug 25, 2010.

Google have announced changes meaning that we must supply UPC's or similar for media or we will see a drop in traffic. :(

We stock collectible music and have a problem in that we have such a huge number of stock items that we could not possibly go through them manually, and they are nearly all unique items or even older items that probably will not have a UPC code.

Google refers to the upcdatabase website but firstly they charge a lot of money for bulk searches and nearly every search I did came up with unrelated results.

Examples of our product could be...

MADONNA Die Another Day (2002 German 3-track CD single which includes Radio Edit, Thunderpuss Club Mix and Thee RetroLectro Mix, picture sleeve)

...or even...

MADONNA Like A Virgin (Mega Rare Hong Kong picture disc LP, still sealed with lyric insert & heart shaped Chinese language slv sticker)

Does anyone know:

1) what sort of effect we can see on our traffic if we do not have sufficient product identifiers?

2) what we can do to try and get bulk and hopefully accurate UPC codes?

Thank you

GoogleBaseUser

GoogleBaseUser, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  2. thefrog

thefrog Peon

Best Answers:
    From what they said, the identifier shouldn't affect google base listing? I don't really like the idea though. if you have the identifier, they use it to group you with other sellers' listings together. That turns everything into Amazon like listings. It all becomes a price war again. Price wars favor large sellers.

thefrog, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  3. proudlynaija

proudlynaija Peon

Best Answers:
    Can somebody tell me what google search is really all about?

proudlynaija, Aug 25, 2010 IP