1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

unique job page

Discussion in 'PHP' started by ianhaney, Nov 25, 2013.

Hi

Sorry to post again

I have solved all the other issues I think on my admin page but got this one that am stuck on

What should happen is a user clicks on a job and displays on a page of its own, it is getting the jobs from the database

What is happening is on the job.php page I get this error

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Designer ORDER BY id desc LIMIT 1' at line 1

Not sure on how to fix it really, I did look round on Google etc

In the address bar it comes up with job.php?id=Web%20Designer

So I think it is sort of working

I have added a pastebin link below with the coding from the job.php page if it helps

http://pastebin.com/P7KaD0pG

Thank you in advance

Ian

ianhaney, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    echo out the query, and see how it looks, and test it in PHPMyAdmin or similar. I'm not sure, since I don't know your DB-structure, but it seems it might be getting a wrong value in the id="whatever" bit.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  3. MakZF

MakZF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What PoPSiCLe said. Also your input data is not sanitized properly; you should use prepared statements, and in this case cast the $_GET['id'] to an integer.

MakZF, Nov 25, 2013 IP