1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unique Content Can Help SEO (Easy SERPS??)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mvv, Sep 12, 2010.

Hello there,

do you think that if we publish unique content (keyword optimized) in our websites or blogs - that can be an easy way to better ranking?

I have a health blog (http://www.juzle.com) where I buy articles for 5-6$ and publish it. And the pages are doing well now. Also I have an article directory where lots of guys submit articles. But the latter one is not that good on SERPs.

What do you think? is it because unique content helps seo?

Thanks.

mvv, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  2. davidmax

davidmax Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont know for sure but search engines like uniqueness

davidmax, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  3. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content is the KING in SEO and unique content can definitely help you to improve your SERP.

JoomlaDesigner, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  4. mvv

mvv Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it seems that the idea works. Lets see how far I could go ahead just with the content :)

mvv, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  5. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique and informative content is very important in seo and it paly an important role to getting traffic.

crudeexperts, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  6. mvv

mvv Guest

Best Answers:
    Are you sure about that? I mean how it becomes an important thing for getting more traffic? you mean returning readers? or?

mvv, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  7. dream party

dream party Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with you. Insisting on the uniqueness of your content, which is very important for SERP.

dream party, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  8. east

east Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep on using only unique content for sure. You see that also digg and others social bookmarking websites are no longer accepting duplicate content....unique is the trend for now for sure.

east, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. sandiego_angel

sandiego_angel Active Member

Best Answers:
    here is my Formula to get better SERP on SE
    HQ Content + HQ Backlinks = HQ Traffic

regards

sandiego_angel, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  10. INTEMPO

INTEMPO Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is good for SEO and it is good for site visitors. Nobody wants to see 10 same search results when they do a google search. Everybody wants to get unique content when they browse the internet, nobody wants to read copy-pasted text from site to site. YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT WAY!

INTEMPO, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  11. 3glogic

3glogic Peon

Best Answers:
    The best practice is that you need to publish your content first on your site and when they get cache then syndicate your article on other article site through submission.

3glogic, Sep 14, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  12. jannyflcn

jannyflcn Peon

Best Answers:
    quality unique content is very important but with this you also have to practice SEO other techniques like SMO, Directory Submission, Forums, Commenting which will help u in SERP..

jannyflcn, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  13. seoaccount

seoaccount Peon

Best Answers:
    seoaccount, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  14. newa1ex

newa1ex Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique content definitely helps in SEO. In fact, it helps a lot. Having too much duplicated content might get your site penalized or deindexed. I admit that it is expensive and it takes work. But if you are looking to rank for a keyword, it is worthy.

newa1ex, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  15. Prakashets

Prakashets Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unique Content help your website get top position in search engine ranking

Prakashets, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  16. mvv

mvv Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

that seems like a good idea. I tried this before also. But the point 'after it get cached' is something i didn't try.

Thanks.

mvv, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  17. EGG Online

EGG Online Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm glad I came across this post. I've read over and over that unique, fresh content that's updated regularly will help you rank in SERP's better. BUT, I found a site that proved me wrong.

I was watching a video about the SEOPressor plugin for Wordpress(which makes a TON of claims on how it'll help you get on the first page in Google).

Well, in that video, they showed a site that they claimed they used SEOPressor on. It's ranked #1 out of 422,000,000 on Google for the following keyword term:

make money twitter

NOW, I have SEOPressor and I put that page into my WP site just to test out the score, and SEO Pressor said that page was full of errors and wasn't seo optimized.

Go to google, search that above term: make money twitter - and look at the top site. It's #1 out of 422,000,000 results. It's only a 1 page salespage. All the links in it are outbound links(and they're DO follow...they're not hiding anything from google)...1 is for a clickbank product, and another is for sponsoredtweets program.

The grammar on the page is horrible, it's pretty keyword spammy...and it only has 1 link at the bottom of the page to its' own site..and that link doesn't work! The page on its own site that it links to isn't even there. Also, it has like 5 H1 Headings(I was always told to only have 1 h1 tag on a page...the title).

So how in the heck did that get to be #1 with no unique content and with terrible grammar?

I checked backlinks with SEO Spyglass, and it has 287 of them. I only saw 1 backlink that was from an .edu site...the rest were nothing real special.

There are a ton of better optimized "make money twitter" websites further down the page, and from what Google says on it's "best practice for web owners" section, THOSE other sites should be #1.

So, I guess you CAN do everything wrong and still get #1 somehow...but I'd sure love to know what he did.

EGG Online, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  18. Erebus

Erebus Peon

Best Answers:

Very interesting... Black-hat SEO, perhaps?

Erebus, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  19. webquick

webquick Peon

Best Answers:
    You can consider using content from each of the above mentioned categories or a nice blend of them to create unique content that can satisfy visitors to your site and keep them engrossed longer on your site pages. The amount of time spent by users on your site is certainly a factor the search engines could consider to determine the quality of your site content.

webquick, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  20. EGG Online

EGG Online Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Erebus ...>>>

I know it is...interesting AND it almost makes me mad! lol #1, out of 400+mill results for a sloppy site, a 1 pager that really doesn't follow any of Google's best webmaster practices

EGG Online, Sep 15, 2010 IP