1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Under Construction Site

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by hurricane_sh, Apr 11, 2005.

Is it ok to put adsense on a empty site? I have a good domain which gets quite a few type-in traffic, but it will take me several months to finish the website, probably never :p.

hurricane_sh, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I was under the impression you are required to have content on your site. That is after all how AdWords/AdSense decides how/what to place in terms of ads on your site.

Mia, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you can't do that or you may get banned.

Why take a chance, what will they show public service ads until there is content on the page :confused: :p :eek:

anthonycea, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO,

I've put ads on sites there were under construction with no problems. Give me a sec, before reacting. What I did was create a page explaining about what was to come, outlining the future site, and that the site WAS OPEN for feedback, requests, and suggestions(ofcourse including contact information). Never using the words "under construction". If you make the page keyword rich, and targeted, some traffic can be found from SERPS, and g doesn't complain. Might even get you crawled before you opening day. ;)

hth,

tom

TommyD, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah Tommy but that is not an empty site as he asked, there is some content on your page for people to read :eek:

6. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, they can't serve ads if no content.

I remembered that AdSense had domain parking service, but very probably I mis-read the text since I didn't care about it at that time.

I parked this domain on sedo.com, it seems that they publish Google ads, but they pay 5 cent per click, which is so wrong for my keyword. :)

7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You will not make much money with anyone's landing page program, I have 45 names with Trafficz, you can see one there and click on the link on the bottom of the page to get an account.

go to www.fordvanparts.com

or www.666chip.com

:p :p :p

8. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, I thought that he would have a 'under construction' page, which is atleast a single page, and that single page would be 'tuned' for the coming site.

Then I fall back to what the other people said about what's the point.

Then I fall back to what I said, just invest a few minutes and you can really help out your site, but writing up maybe a public release, instead of a blank page.

hth,

tom

TommyD, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  9. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will make an article for it :).

10. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    You could say that this “under construction" page is just that... a page explaining your visitors that soon they will find content there; "real" content if you like, but as hurricane said, he would probably never finish those sites.

If this was the situation, wouldn't we be talking about some kind of "made for AdSense" under construction page? :confused:

For me, it is just a little too close to the breaching point of AS TOS.

But who knows... from the many examples we have seen denounced in DP forums, you can apparently even ask your visitors to click on your ads and still don't have you accounts closed.

I see a dark cloud on PPC advertising/publishing horizon if the big guys don’t take a strong and severe corrective action soon.

Tapanti, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  11. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    NO, NO. But the Under Construction page is now an Introduction page, which will contain information about the future site, therefore it will contain simular keywords, and density.

So, It'w writen for the reader, not adsense. :D

tom

TommyD, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  12. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    If you would have been a new seller and you apply for AdSense account with your Under Construction website, they would reject you in a second.

maverick, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  13. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, right... ;)

Tapanti, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Why do people even put a "Under Construction" title on a web page anymore? I think it goes without saying that every web page is "under construction". :)

Mia, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  15. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:

:rolleyes: Damn Philosophy Majors.

:p

TommyD, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  16. 3grls

3grls Peon

Best Answers:
    HI I,m new at this so please put up with me.!! I have a question in regards to whether my registrar is allowed to put sponsor links many related to the name and future content of my web site on my under construction domaine names??? I am currently working on getting all my information together before I develope my web page. I would like to have a say on what related topics and sponsor links appear in the meantime. Also why should the registrar be making money off of my domaine names. I would appreciate any help the members could share with me to help me understand this situation. thanks

3grls, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  17. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your domain is parked at the registrar, they could and would put ads on them.
    To get them off, find a host for your domain and move it there.
    It is hard to construct a site if it is parked at a registrar.
    Unpark at once!

iowadawg, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  18. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    what joe said.

but you still cannot put any adsense ads on your site if it has nothing in it. so i assume you're just wanting to prevent your registrar from earning, rather than wanting to make some yourself.

devin, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  19. 3grls

3grls Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info I really appreciate it

3grls, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  20. 3grls

3grls Peon

Best Answers:
    Now I need to find a host are their any I should avoid?? I currently have 4 domaine names that all relate to the same subject I,m planning on developing one site for sales and info another for a blog on the subject and the other two to point at the first site . I will want some of the advertisers that the registrar currently has on my domaine name to advertise with me how would I go about thAT DO i NEED TO GO TO THE CURRENT SPONSOR LINKS AND SOME OF THE RELATED ARTICLES WRITE DOWN THERE EMAIL and contact them about advertising with me? If so what would be a resonable fee structure? also how come the registrar can advertise on an empyt site but not anyone else? what is a legal way for me to advertse while I,m still working on my research. for my business so I can make a little money in the mean time. I appreciate any help obviously I am a newbie in need of some direction. Thanks

3grls, Mar 30, 2006 IP