1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unblockable Pop-Up

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by janjalani, Jan 29, 2006.

1. jambon

jambon Member

Best Answers:
    meh... the "noscript" addon for firefox still blocks it...

jambon, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  2. MktgMan

MktgMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use hovclick (http://www.hovclick.com). I tried a few other software out there for this, but it was a bit to confusing (I'm a marketer.. not a coder). The editor is pretty easy to use, reminds me a lot of wordpress. Hovclick even works with google adwords to display the popup only if my keyword is within the url.

The site looks pretty new though, as there are some pages missing. Popups work great though, i haven't had any issues, and the best part... they are unblockable. It's free too. Major plus.

:)

MktgMan, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  3. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This thread ranks high on google for 'unblockable pounder', so I'd like to place a mention that if you are looking for a pre-packaged solution that will allow you targeted placements of unblockable popups and popunders for a self hosted wordpress installation then I've a supported solution available at http://www.wptraffictools.com/video-demonstrations/popup-popunder-profiles/

adbox, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  4. Streamgo Streamgonet

Streamgo Streamgonet Peon

Best Answers:
    good script

Streamgo Streamgonet, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  5. udores

udores Member

Best Answers:
    :) most of the "unblockable" pop-ups shown here are not pop-ups in the true sense. They are simply DOM div-overlays which are made visible or displayable by user-events.

A very quick way of achieving this sort of feat is to use the OVERLAY or PANEL class contained in the YUI(Yahoo User Interface) Library.

This Library simply extends javascript class and functionality in a unique way. Specifically here, you use the show() or hide() methods of the PANEL class to show or hide the "pop-up". You can even style your overlay with custom css:)

udores, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  6. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Due to all the recent browser updates I've not found a script that supports perfect multibrowser capability, but I've seen it done on big sites. Any leads would be great (I'm not meaning popover overlays, but instead true popunders).

adbox, Dec 13, 2012 IP