1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unbelivable result in google search

Discussion in 'Google' started by abhishekseo, Jul 27, 2010.

Hello all DP member today i found strange result in gooogle when i search in gooogle for wikipedia then i found result with box means square samll box like this Click here so please can you tell me what is this why box come in this result also i found this type of listing many times so please tell me. i found search buttion for wiki so pease how we can get and what is benefits it.

abhishekseo, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  2. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    br3adman, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  3. LH-Danny

LH-Danny Member

Best Answers:
    It's basically just a search box which allows you to seach for content within Wikipedia without actually opening the Wikipedia page.

LH-Danny, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  4. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    it is because Wikipedia is considered as a high quality website by Google.

invisibler, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  5. LookAtHerBeautifulFace

LookAtHerBeautifulFace Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is an automatic feature from Google for a big site that's valuable or very useful for users.

" We only show sitelinks for results when we think they'll be useful to the user. If the structure of your site doesn't allow our algorithms to find good sitelinks, or we don't think that the sitelinks for your site are relevant for the user's query, we won't show them.

At the moment, sitelinks are completely automated. We're always working to improve our sitelinks algorithms, and we may incorporate webmaster input in the future."

ref:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47334

LookAtHerBeautifulFace, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  6. abhishekseo

abhishekseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks dear all but what kind of benefitsa and which point google consider foe give search box

abhishekseo, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  7. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Google's "search within a search" is actually officially called "teleporting" and it's been around for a few years. The logic behind it is that apparently there are a lot of searches for brand names when people forget the domain so Google come up with the result and the option to search within the domain.

Youtube is best exemplified by the actual search for "youtube" - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=youtube&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

The original announcement is here - http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/search-within-site-tale-of.html

You need to be considered to be as authoritive as Youtube, Nasa or Wikipedia.

Lever, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  8. animesh

animesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    animesh, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  9. jss4ever

jss4ever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    jss4ever, Aug 6, 2010 IP