1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unbelievable Spammy Results

Discussion in 'Websites' started by elklabone, Dec 28, 2004.

Hi guys,

Kind of new to this forum, but I really like what I see.

My wife's sister has a little website and she was asking me why she ranks so poorly in Google... anyway, to make a long story short, most of the top ten positions are dominated by a few individuals who have built a huge network of cross-linked sites (all registered to the same person) with the sole intent of boosting their position in Google (very effectively, too, I might add).

Can I post the URL and have some comments on it? Also, I submitted a SPAM report, is there anything else we can do?

--Mark

elklabone, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is it spammy?

Building a crosslinked network of websites is not spam, unless it's duplicate content, doorway pages etc. Posting the URL will help them so just type in mydomain.com without the www.

DarrenC, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  3. elklabone

elklabone Peon

Best Answers:
    They're spam because they've built a network of sites with no real content, just a link back to their other website. Here's an example:

familysearchquest.com

They've built dozens of similar websites, all interlinked. I thought Google caught this stuff a long time ago...

--Mark

elklabone, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  4. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    who is ameriplan?

are they part of this scam?...if not...fling them an email to stop their affiliation with this company..
    report the site to google ...and let ameriplan know that too.

if ameriplan are part or cause of the scam, then thats when the fun begins :rolleyes:

quote from ameriplan site: :)
    Ameriplan® is committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-Spamming policy. If you have any complaints or comments regarding Spam on our network, please direct them via e-mail to

Solicitors Mortgages, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  5. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this means anything, but 3 out of the 4 Google datacenters I checked do not currently show any pages for that site. It's really funny that there are exactly 51 pages from the last datacenter (50 states plus a home page). Anyway, with all the PhD.'s at Google, you would defnitely think they could filter this out.

crew, Dec 28, 2004 IP