1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unatural Inbound Links & Reconsideration Request

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by DerkThunder, Aug 16, 2012.

I logged into google webmaster tools to see that they had notified me that my site received a penalty for having unnatural inbound links. I filled out a reconsideration request in which I fully came clean on any shady link building practices, showed remorse, and explained what steps have been taken to correct the mistakes.

I know the review process for this takes several weeks and I shouldn't expect to hear back soon on this. But this complicates my plans to move my poorly named site to a much better premium domain name that I just purchased.

So if my site still has a penalty on it, and I move to a new domain with 301 redirects will the penalty follow me to the new domain? Should I wait until the penalty is lifted before 301ing to the new domain? I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone who received a similar penalty and was able to get it removed via a reconsideration request.

Your input is appreciated.

DerkThunder, Aug 16, 2012 IP