1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unable to open data file from more than one location

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by TeleSouthNet, Jul 26, 2006.

Okay,

I Know there is a small config we are missing here somewhere, but I am trying to open up a new database sitting on a server from a work station. And upon finding MainMenu showing up in the Hosts window, we attempt to open it only to get the above error message.

What are we missing here?

Thanks,
    Walt

TeleSouthNet, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sounds like you have a local copy (backup maybe?) on the workstation.

digitalpoint, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  3. TeleSouthNet

TeleSouthNet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is the case. But we have it opened for access on the network.

Can we pretty much FORGET about getting support on this issue??? I don't know about anyone else, but we have a business to run here. This issue was submitted on July 26th.

Are there any expectations on support or is it just whenever Shawn and Co decide to show up in the office?

Shawn, can you tell the group why it takes you 5 seconds to answer a question about an additional 1000 user license purchase and yet somehow, 5 DAYS to decide to answer our equally important support questions?

Do you have an answer for THAT QUESTION Shawn???

Go ahead and give us another friggen red spot next to our name Mr Professional!!!!

Well lambasting Shawn makes no sense. Digitalpoint as a company does not keep its agreements apparently. While they are busy building the new house, asking for "Contributions for New Forum Servers", the CLIENTS sit and wait for ONE LONE SUPPORT guy to answer questions.

I am happy to say that our clients get far better service and support. There is NO REASON in the world why "Mr The World Revolves Around Me" could not appoint several smart long term clients as moderators here and do Level one support. But that takes limelight away from his ego.

Go build your house Shawn. Hope you enjoy it because you have lost the respect of many people here. And you will need something to console yourself.

TeleSouthNet, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Remove the backup copies of the data files from the employee workstations.

Re: everything else... it's just an allocation of priorities. While Optigold ISP is something we still do, we have other (higher) priorities within the company (obviously).

digitalpoint, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. TeleSouthNet

TeleSouthNet Peon

Best Answers:
    "allocation of priorities"

HORSE CRAP!!!!!! Your company has prior commitments to companies who run their businesses on this software. If your company can't muster the resources to provide a modicom of support that was promised then start being honest and tell us.

TeleSouthNet, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, it's a pointless argument, but if you want to get technical, I just pulled your company's invoice:

The only thing you could argue you were "promised" was email tech support, but to be honest, I would say that's questionable since you never actually paid for Optigold ISP (you paid $0, when the price of it was/is $1,000). That being said, we have not received an email at our support email address in the last few years (as far back as I could search).

But that's cool, you can read it however you want I suppose. As far as I'm concerned, it's a necessary allocation of priorities.

digitalpoint, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  7. TeleSouthNet

TeleSouthNet Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhhh Shawn, You are WAAAYYY off here dude. We have a 1000 client license and WE PAID FOR IT!!!!!!!!! We kept our cancelled checks from 1998. Shall I dig it up for you?

As to email support, we use whatever we have been directed to use by Digitalpoint personnel. We were directed to the discussion email lists for years and that is what we used. We were then directed to use this forum after many unanswered discussion list querys last year. and here we are.

On top of that we have given you ALL of our Filemaker business since 1998 for Server and Unlimited version upgrades. We have made a point of being VERY LOYAL clients. We do that for ALL of our vendors when we can.

Finally, you are right. It IS A POINTLESS ARGUMENT. Especially when you ignore for days, querys by new potiential clients. Optigold and its loyal client base is not fun for you anymore. As a result you have found other priorities for your resources. Onward and upward you go. But do us all a favor and sell optigold to someone who wants to serve the client base.

TeleSouthNet, Aug 8, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.