1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unable to import mysql DB file from ipage to hostgator

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by mirisaamali, Feb 10, 2015.

Hi,

I have been trying to export mySQL db from ipage and it comes out fine. Now this file when i try to import into mySQL db of Hostgator (using myphpadmin), i get the following error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'phpMyAdmin SQL Dump

Can someone help me resolve this issue? I want to smoothly move between ipage server and hostgator server databases.

mirisaamali, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What versions of MySQL are being used on the respective servers?

The error message will give you your clue. I cannot know exactly what is causing the error, but often in cases such as yours it is a simple syntax error that can be resolved by opening the SQL dump file in an editor and modifying it near the line that triggers the error message. If you post a few lines before and after the line given in the error message, that might provide more information.

billzo, Feb 10, 2015 IP