1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unable to delete robots.txt file

Discussion in 'robots.txt' started by nitu99, Apr 25, 2012.

Hi,

I am unable to delete my robots.txt file form my site. I had checked everywhere and everything to delete my robots.txt file which is disallow all.Even i had not created this robots.txt , but i dont know from where it has came and showing the whole site disallow by robots.txt. Plz help me as soon as i am falling in ranking in all keywords because of this robots.txt.

Help me plz..

nitu99, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  2. jlaurier

jlaurier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you cannot delete robots.txt, go to .htaccess and add "redirect 404 /robots.txt"
    Then when you will type http://mydonain.com/robots.txt, a 404 error will appear.
    Then, go to webmaster tools and remove robots.txt

Google said we only need robots.txt if we want to block something.
    What is the use of having a public website if you dont want a part to be crawled. All part that should not be crawled should be blocked with htaccess

jlaurier, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  3. action script

action script Member

Best Answers:
    go your site root folder there you find some notepad named in robot.txt delete that or go to webmaster tool in left side top you see some menus click that and open robot.txt menu writer code:

User-agent:*
    Disallow:

action script, Jul 20, 2012 IP
  4. Wupav

Wupav Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you own the file to delete it? What are the user permissions?

Wupav, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  5. PaulCpR

PaulCpR Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking along these lines.. it sounds to me like the user doesn't have the permissions to delete the file.. might be a 664 or something like that. Trying with the admin account should do it OR if in a dire situation .. I'd contact the hosting company's support team..

PaulCpR, Sep 5, 2012 IP