1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unable to Access the Network Area in Wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by gjivan, Apr 2, 2012.

Guys,
    I have a wordpress installed network of blogs ( 5 blogs ) and quit a lot of plugins. Up to yesterday, everything was going perfectly. But, when i tried to login today with the same username ( edited ), i got authentication error. So, i checked and found that my edited username has magically transformed to "admin" which is wordpress default username. So, i changed the pass and entered using "admin". I opened my profile to edit and as by default i was not able to edit the username. So, i tried to enter the network area myblog.com/wp-admin/network but a message "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" is displayed and there i knew, i was degraded from super-admin to only administrator. At that point, i thought if my site was hacked or not. But while checking thoroughly, all the contents and plugins are same.
    After that, i disabled all the plugins from Cpanel, thinking if there might be some plugins conflict but still not able to solve this. Either i only have access to primary site and able to publish new posts etc but if i am not able to access network, its not possible to update, add or delete plugins, wordpress itself and other sites under the network. So, what should i have to do to solve this issue? Hoping for quick and effective reply from geeks here..
    Thankx in advance!!!

gjivan, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  2. samirj09

samirj09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you PM me some of the domains?

samirj09, Apr 2, 2012 IP