1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Um... Holy Cow.

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by nevetS, Dec 6, 2004.

So those who have read my posts over the last few days know that I signed up for the coop network, then placed an ad for a day or two, and sold my weight for a month (the money goes to the server fundraiser) taking my ad down.

Well... The ad I put up was for a site that was not ranked at all in the targeted keyword. Today, it ranks number 6 in google!

This ad was up for maybe two days, tops. Holy cow.

nevetS, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  2. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Behold, the power of the ad network! ;)

ViciousSummer, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  3. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Would a weight of 2000 get (m)any impressions? I hear about everyone have weight in the xx,xxx range and it makes me feel insignificant.

Would be nice if there was a way in knowing how many impressions a day our ads have.

btw, well done!

Lucky Bastard, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    the ad network isn't really designed for impressions, it's designed to help link popularity basically...

anything's going to help, but the more you put in, the more you'll get back. the way it's set it, it's meant to give you roughly as many backlinks as you give out to others.

I'd say that 2K could easily have an impact in non-competitive areas, although the results won't be as drastic (or as fast) as when you throw 50,000 weight at a keyword.

disgust, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  5. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry my bad use of terms, I was meaning impressions of the ad not click thrus. I guess the most important thing isn't just basic impressions but G or Y! impressions - ie. is your ad displayed when the spider appears.

I must say I haven't seen my ad appear once after going through A LOT of sites that were displaying ads (sorry if I ran up someones server bill j/k) :( Lost count how many times I saw Ebay though!!

BTW, I am looking to be in the top 5 of a term that has ABOUT 1,500,000 results on it.

Lucky Bastard, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  6. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the best way to see results is to wait. :)
    The next best thing for the impatient people, like my self, if to check your backlinks at MSN, Y!, and Google. mainly MSN's beta service at beta.search.msn.com and do a link:www.domain.com/url-your-ad-is-pointing-to.html

for me a weight of about 4,000 gave me 275 backlinks according to MSN's beta search in about 1 week. It may go up or down, but for now that's where it is. It only took one day for MSN to see at least 2 backlinks. (the page previously had none.) unfortunately Google and Y! don't update as often for me to check how the progress is going. So far no rank difference tough, but then again it's only been a week. :)

Such Great Heights, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  7. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    That is encouraging. My weight is about 50% of that and I would like to get at least 100 new links a week spidered by the search engines. But I can't see that happening.

Since I have joined 4 days ago or so, I haven't seen my ads displayed anywhere in the network or seen any new backlinks appearing from the network in beta MSN. Really discouraging considering the amount of times I have seen other ads displayed. Sure I am light weight but I would have expected to see some results by now. :confused:

Lucky Bastard, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  8. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    4 days ago?! Your going to have to be a little more patient then that :D. I have never seen any of my ads displayed via the network (except when checking the cache of yahoo: link:http://www.yoursitehere.com ). BUT, I have seen a huge jump in the serps, which is all that really matters to me ;)

ViciousSummer, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  9. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    More patience! ;) Asking a lot from me! :) j/k

Lucky Bastard, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  10. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean, this whole seo/internet biz has forced me to be more patient... :D

ViciousSummer, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  11. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed!! Hours turn into weeks, weeks turn into months... :eek:

Design1, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  12. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you feel like you age a lot faster now that you work on the internet?

debunked, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  13. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! and while everyone is out enjoying themselves, im sitting here scratching my head thinking "hmmm.... what else can i do to make Google like me better?" of course you can't try to explain that to people that don't use computers.. and even the ones that do still have no understanding of the joyous process.. :eek:

Design1, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  14. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol :D , thats an solution, cost much time though

stephaneggy, Dec 8, 2004 IP