1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

uh oh...i predict big riots (Muhammed cartoons)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dsm56, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Torrentguy

Torrentguy Member

Best Answers:

amazing what germany is resorting to in this day and age, brutal ass kissing.

Torrentguy, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  2. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Brother
    No need to argue with these sick in mind people, you are just going to waste your time in trying to put some sense in them

new, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think that execute has broken the rule and wasn't allowed to speak to us infidels for this long. "New" has come to "bring him home". Or take him on a trip to Germany ;)

Blogmaster, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of what the Qoran says, isn't the bigger issue this:

If you do not stand against people who act out violently, then you are implicitly approving their behavior.

If islamists wanna be regarded as peaceful, where are the ones who are saying "don't burn down stuff to protest, there are better ways" - I haven't seen it.

When people in other religions act stupid (christians shooting abortionists, etc), you dont see everyone else of that religion be silent. They stand out against it and say that is not what the religion is.

Where are these same islamists?

lorien1973, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Exactly, it's like the lame excuse of the Germans claiming it was only one man killing 6 millions. No one else really knew or had a choice.

But looking at sites like these http://muslimwakeup.com/ I do believe that there are many (especially young) Muslims, who are sick and tired of the traditional stronghold exercised upon them.

Blogmaster, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, he edits some posts so fast that while I am reading, from the time I click the quote button to the time the quoted post appears, there is another paragraph. Freaky!

Mia, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  7. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    there are. it's just that there're too few of them.

look at thailand. when 81 muslims separatists in detention died due to suffocation (the army's fault), there were riots by islamic extremists.

when an indonesian president ordered the massacre of thousands of people from another ethnic group some years ago, who said anything?

devin, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  8. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for posting the versus Gtech.

If i have the time i will check for myself what is TRULY being written by reading the actual book of Q'uran.
    I will inform myself first where i can buy an acknowledged official translation into Dutch to get my own oppinion on this matter.

I could very well imagine that things are being put out of context or simply being misunderstood but that is something for me to find out.

At this moment i find it hard to believe that such outright violence is being promoted against non-Islamic nations or individuals for other reasons such as war or self-defense in the Q'uran.

Definately interesting to see the possible confusion about the Q'uran and the ''proof'' that has been put forward.
    I will have to draw my own conclusions from a official translation acknowledged by the islamic community in The Netherlands.

Edz, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    What we need is one official version that truly translates what Muhammed has written hundreds of years ago without any spin.

Blogmaster, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Quaran is only considered valid in its original Arabic.

Translation of the Quaran isn't really kosher. :p

Will.Spencer, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    So basically it all comes down to knowing someone who reads Arabic and can be trusted telling me exactly what it says ... Great :rolleyes:

12. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, no. The translations are fine...but it is only considered true in Arabic.

I am sure there a great many schools in Pakistan that would love to educate you.

ROAR, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    ROAR, you are not serious, are you? Do you know how rediculous this sounds? I don't have any intentions in becoming an Arabic scholar in order to find out what the Quaran is really saying. So please cut the hogwash and help shine some light into the matters that have been addressed above.

14. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt about it. Will Spencer what do you really know about Quran?? Why can not you stop talking nonsense about Quran?? Whether you like it or not, you hate it or not, many people still follow and strongly respect the muslims holy book Quran.

maldives, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    We exercise our rights to have a critical look at the Quaran and question things unclear to us. Something that you are not allowed to do in most (if not all) Muslim nations. A great right being allowed to use our minds and common sense. So to all of you using the "you guys don't understand" bullshit ... please shine some light or shut up until someone will. I can't respect the Quaran if it doesn't respect people regardless of their beliefs.

16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    What the hell do I care what "many people" do?

Many people thought that the Eath was flat. Many people think that price is a function of production cost. Many people think that Nixon killed JFK. Many people think that George Bush blew up the World Trade Centers.

The only lesson to be learned here is that there are a lot of really stupid people on this planet.

Now, if you would like to talk sensibly, please feel free to do so.

Are you arguing that the Quaran is authoritative in translation, or are you just babbling incoherently?

Will.Spencer, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    It's the mindset of blind followers expecting others to do the same. The moment you start thinking, you have already disrespected Allah. Don't think, Will. It's not allowed. Just learn some Arabic, see the light, and come back to DP telling us we're missing out on our harem in heaven. Since most of us don't know Arabic, we won't be able to prove you wrong ;)

18. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am a blind follower :mad: . Mike, you are really lucky since you are not blind :)

maldives, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I've assumed you were ;) And I'm not. However some of us are curious to learn more. You don't learn by being told "this is how it is" without anything that we ourselves can examine. I do trust your intentions are good, but can't rely on your judgement when it comes to a doctrine. We're all humans and interpret things differently. The fact that there is not one reliable source which can display the Quaran the way Muhammed has written it in the English or any other language, makes absolutely no sense to me.

20. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not gonna quote your little arguments and counter argue them. Because the conclusion is this, you do not know anything about Islam, and I do, and you believe in what the terrorists say about Islam, and i'm telling you you are wrong. But if you wanna keep on insisting that your version of Islam is correct, then go right ahead, join the ranks of the terrorists that have already corrupted the religion.

Oh and go read the Qur'an online, where lots of false information is. Becuase the internet never lies. I posted it to you right out of the book, go read the surah, in atleast 5 different Internet sources, you can't just go to one and think its correct.

I gave you reference numbers, and that's what it says, if you refuse to believe me, then you are arrogant fools that think you're superior than everyone and you think you are infallible and cannot possibly be wrong. Why would i lie about something millions and millions of people believe in?

And why are you supporting the terrorists by writing up stuff from their websites... Because wherever you got those quotes from were from extremists. There is no transalation of the Qur'an that says the Innocent should die, the only ones are from Extremist, terrorist, or racist sources.

Instead of argueing with me and thinking that the sources you looked at cannot possibly be wrong, why don't you consider the fact that i may be right??

WHat i wrote to you is what scholars have written for hundreds of years. For once, use some logical sense: Why would the Qur'an contradict itself? Why would it say not to kill the innocent, then say kill the innocent? IT DOES NOT. But go ahead keep on believing the terrorist's version of Islam, because obviously they are wrong, and you are no better than them by assuming they are right. Islam was created on the idea of goodness, to not do crime, to not murder, to not steal... So is Christianity, and so is Judaism. Hey wait a second, so is Confucism, so is Hinduism, so is Daoism, and almost all of them.

The problem is arrogant people like you, and terrorists and extremists, that use religion as an excuse and justification to kill people and to denounce people. This is wrong. Religion is based on the idea of Goodness, not evil. For you to claim that Islam promotes murder or beheadings, is just plain wrong, uncalled for, and is a complete LIE.

How can you even possibly think that a religion would write stuff to go kill people. Its People that corrupt religion not the other way around. Get rid of the extremists (BOTH sides, people that argue Islam is bad, and the terrorists and bad muslims) and get rid of all the people trying to use religion as an excuse to do anything logically evil.

If you truly believe that Islam is about killing the innocent, than I pity you, for you are truly an evil close-minded person.

execute, Feb 24, 2006 IP