1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

U got banned in this week?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by The_FoX, Sep 1, 2006.

1. dbonline

dbonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that would really suck. I would never even think to click my own ads. I've been a webmaster for nearly 10 years and know far better than to do that. lesson learned for some of you I guess.

dbonline, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  2. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    It would seem that Google were also watching you carefully, The_FoX, because on Aug 16th 2006 you posted this:

That was in this thread, on page two:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=123729&page=2

I don't know if that was a casual remark, or the recommendation of somebody with practical experience in click-fraud, but if you're going to recommend click-fraud, on a public forum, with a link to your blog immediately below the post, then you shouldn't be surprised if Google become aware of that. They're cleverer than you and they're cleverer than me, and they have resources available to them which we probably couldn't even begin to guess at.

It's a shame you got banned, because you sound like you're bright and enthusiastic - it's just a shame you didn't make better use of your positive points while you still had the opportunity. Hopefully you will move onto another program and be successful, and I wish you good luck.

It's futile to blame Google for your misfortunes though when in all probability you brought them upon yourself.

Coast, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  3. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I love this thread, I started reading and I broke out laughing.... here are some quotes that cracked me up...

Click on Fox's sig link and see how the man who lives in a pane-less glass house chucks stones. His only entry is titled: "AdSense Sucks!! (your time and money)" Ha Ha Ha!

Accidentally, he must have told the friends/family/children to click for real, but his own accidental clicks must have been the reason. :)

HA, HA, HA. I wonder what I did to get a speeding ticket. Was I jay walking? Boob.

Clearly why Crazy_Rob is evil. :p

Oh, I'm not sure about this, some of these people post enough "My 37,000 clicks were all accidental" enough, they start believing their own lies.

Yeah, disrespectful to be blunt to an accused con-artist to be caught, trying to sneak back in with fraudulent information. Damn you G!

Woo, now G is targeting Mexican food eaters! See G is banning people for no reason!

Jack as a Marriage counselor. No wonder why you two are heading toward divorce, you are married. Marriage is the leading cause of divorce!

Yes, cheer up little camper, the world is full of marks meant to be victimize. Remember Winston Churchill, "never give in, never give in, never, never..."

Easily should be the first entry for the "I was banned from Google" FAQ's. But only after Tara removes the gum stuck on her shift key. :p

I love this thread, almost as fun as watching a bunch of monkey hump a football.

Tom

TommyD, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  4. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    TARA,

when you made a mistake, google gave you a chance. Now if i made one, .................... you know! there is a difference. thats all i was trying to say. gGoogle discriminates between a publisher and an advertiser. lol

And yes, i had made that casual comment on clicking ur ads at a cyber cafe. I must admit.

The_FoX, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Dude, you better just cut and run. You are just losing any respect you may have had. You rant about the AdSense program and how unfair it is, then we find out you were clicking on your own ads from other computers and advising other people to do the same :eek:

Its funny how these threads about how unfair Google is just reinforce the good job they are apparently doing by kicking out people lick you from the AdSense system!

yfs1, Sep 6, 2006 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  6. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi YFS,

Why do you guys(Unbanned publishers) cling on to something very irrelevant always?

I said its a casual comment i made in one of those threads . Did u see my statement there? I was not serious at all my friend!!

This is frustrating really.

The_FoX, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  8. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    I too hope so. Yfs..cheers!

The_FoX, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  9. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to spend five minutes of my life writing down some free advice for you, The_FoX.

It says under Location that you are in India, so I am assuming that you are Indian. One wouldn't know that though from the way you use English - your command of English is excellent. I presume you will be fluent in at least a couple more languages, and that is a great asset to have at your disposal. Most of us native English speakers know only our own language - and some of us aren't even fluent in that.

You live on a continent with an enormous population, which is rapidly-advancing both in economic and social terms. You have a vast and ever-increasing audience available to you, and you have the language skills to reach them in multiple languages. Many of your countrymen live abroad, and will have significant disposable income - once again you have the language skills to tap into that market too - offering services/information to ex-pats - they are thousands of miles away but you are the man on the spot. Don't want to target the Indian market? No problem - your English is good enough that you can compete on level terms with native English speakers for the western market.

I read your blog and you obviously possess a sense of humour - combine that with your language skills and you could write some great content. You really have a lot going for you. I'd love to target the ever-growing audience on your continent but I have neither the language nor the understanding of the culture. You have both.

So my advice to you is this: take some time out, and sit and reflect on your positive attributes - you're a good, articulate communicator, you're fluent in several languages, you have a sense of humour, so combine those factors and you have the makings of a great content writer. After you've realised that, think about the fact that you have the ability to target at least three demographics - your fellow countrymen at home - your fellow countrymen abroad, seeking information or services from the homeland - or you can take a virtual step off of your continent and compete for western traffic. That is more possibilities - considerably more - than the rest of us have.

Other contextual advertising programs will sooner or later be available outside of the US, so why don't you prepare for that day by making a start now, with some real quality sites - start to build traffic now and you will be earning from day one when the other contextual services arrive in India. Meantime, there are many options available to monetise a site besides AdSense, so spend some time researching the alternatives - many forums have entire sections devoted to this, so there is plenty for you to be doing in the meantime, and you can still be earning until then.

I wish I could speak Chinese, because if I could then I'd abandon western markets and I'd be off in a flash to conquer the Chinese markets - the possibilities there must be enormous. I can't do that though because I only speak English and a little French. My second choice behind China would be the Indian sub-continent but once again I am foiled because of the language barrier. That obstacle does not exist for you, so pull your socks up, and adopt a professional approach - recognise how much you have going for you (which is a lot), and then set about making the most of it.

Coast, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    So are you saying you would like to have The_Fox's baby???

jackburton2006, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  11. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is so much scamming going on I am sure google would rather ban 10 inoccent folks then let 1 scammer remain. As competition heats up google has to do something about fraud or they will fall dramatically.

jg123, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  12. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I think it is buddy! :mad:

You drew a line in the sand, be prepared to be violated!!!!! :eek:

tom :p

TommyD, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  13. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not sure what rattled your cage but while you're here and while you're awake I shall donate to you this piece of advice, which you can take forward with you throughout life:

It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Coast, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  14. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since you gave me an advice, allow me to give one to you:

"Don't be such a humorless dork. It was a joke."

P.S. Oh nevermind. I've re-read some of your old postings, and it's clear you DON'T have a sense of humor.

jackburton2006, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  15. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:

Hey Coast,

I think ur one of those no- nonsense, no-frills all substance man around. Great to have u here.

I appreciate and i'm taking all your points.

I've been thinking bt the same for a while too. I guess am a struggler now, but im finding my way.

U know, i have only free blogs now. no websites yet.

I was experimenting with the google thing - and ive learned my lessons too.

I think DP is a great place to learn things and get some serious inspiration.

Salutes!!

The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  16. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    An i understand that you arent bothered abt your reputation at all.

Cheers to you.

The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  17. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever, Mister "I was banned by Adsense and now I'm going to whine about it in every thread about Adsense" Fox. :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  18. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah many people got banned and most of them who did cheated out with Google, theres no point you will get banned even if you are innocent as thats what i know, people who come here and say that they got banned for doing nothing are just thinking they'll get some mercy from here but NO they wont!

I myself clicked my ad (Accidentally) twice and struck them an email though its been quite alot of time that i joined AdSense and didnt hit the 100$ mark yet but you have to defend ur self and not just say that i did 1000 clicks accidentally;) and yeah i got an email back from Google within 3 days and they assured me i am not getting banned and that the click was not counted:)

Peace out!

khushal, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  19. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Khushal i woudl only try to get Mercy - if i need to get in back to GAS.

But if u read the thread thouroughly, u'll see that im neither trying to post mortem what happened nor painitng me white.

i was trying to get opinion from people soto whether GAS is credible or not?

I think we are close to the answer.

Thanks for joining in bud.

The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006 IP