1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter wrongly aligns my photo?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by SebF, Jun 18, 2015.

The title might not really explain what I'm confused about here. Today I designed an image to post on Twitter for the organisation I work at, with the idea that the image would be vertically centered when collapsed in timelines / feeds. This was not the case.

Instead of the image being centered as I intended, Twitter for some reason decided to move the preview down a little bit -- showing a bit of the image that I wanted to remain hidden until someone expanded the Tweet. See below.

[​IMG]
    ( Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/BHImpetus/status/611507445337300992 )

The blue/orange section is all that is supposed to show in the preview. You're supposed to see the full picture, as in the link above, when you click on it.

Now I assume this is Twitter being clever and deciding which bit of the image people want to see, but I've posted photos of people before where it's focused on their torsos and not their faces -- so what actually governs this? Is there any way around it? It seems like I was trying to be a bit too clever and ended up clashing with Twitter's attempt to be clever.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Seb

SebF, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  2. danmclark

danmclark Peon

Best Answers:
    I have this exact same issue, there's nothing that seems to be consistant in how twitter chooses to preview the image? It seems to be different every time?

I'll look out for an answer for us and get back to you. Hopefully.

danmclark, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  3. SebF

SebF Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dan, I'll let you know if I find anything too. There must be somebody out there who has the answers!

SebF, Jun 23, 2015 IP