1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter shot me down

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by gastro3, Feb 4, 2010.

Dam..I got 6 twitter accounts for a reason..AND yes..promoting..I was not spamming but those shot them down..every each one of them..Im kind off pissed off..all that work for nothing man..!:mad:

gastro3, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  2. hunjune

hunjune Member

Best Answers:
    I have came across the same scene. :mad:

hunjune, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. pcser

pcser Peon

Best Answers:
    god...facebook and twitter are taking actions against the marketing now?

pcser, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    mad because twitter shut off your accounts for spamming?
    Try using twitter for what it's made for, it's for conversation ;)
    Try working on one account at a time, better luck next time.

Brandon Sheley, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty scary. I also have 5 accounts. I heard that the risk of getting banned increases if you post a hashtag or link in almost every single tweet.

Pixelrage, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  6. MTG

MTG Peon

Best Answers:
    I've herd about this alot, people getting accounts banned on twitter. I've read some things and found solutions make sure your not promoting all the time. I havent herd about putting hashtags in on every "tweet" and getting banned I do that daily.

MTG, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I have at least 5 Twitter accounts, but never use them for direct promotion of what ever site they are for, and I don't send mass DM's like a lot of people that are pushing some kind of product or service.
    The bottom line is, Twitter is littered with self promotion and spam and people (myself included) are getting pissed at all of the spam.

I have all of my accounts on auto-follow back, but I consistently block or report people that DM me all the time with promotion...it's annoying to see that you have a new follower and seconds later a DM pushing their Social Marketing, Make Money Online, or Mortgage Service.

If you simply offer up news, information, or discussion about what ever your niche is, people will frequent your profile and check out your site. It's really that simple. It's the same as a forum, if you offer up good advice, help and knowledge, it's just natural that people will check out your sig links.

The constant "Check out my new..", "I just posted a new blog post about..." and all the other shameless "look at me" Tweets work against you more than they help you.

hmansfield, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  8. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Pixelrage, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  9. dtrainer

dtrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree there are so many self promotions on twitter and facebook.

dtrainer, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  10. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter has been banning a ton of 'promotion' / 'spam' accounts, they have been really coming down lately.

manofwar, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  11. Realbigsource

Realbigsource Peon

Best Answers:
    Think you will most likely get banned if you post the same thing on each twitter account...

Realbigsource, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  12. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It can be really risky playing with Twitter at times. I would say sometimes it's even a safer bet just not to risk it, but yeah creating tons of accounts all in one day and expecting no suspicion is crazy.

Ascendancy, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  13. AndrewStark

AndrewStark Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that twitter moniter IP logins, so anyone logging into more than 2 accounts is going to look pretty suspicious.

I've been using a service called twittollower and getting some great results. The key is use software to do the autofollowing, but actually use your own brain when posting. Search for the terms you're interested in and add value to the conversation, use it to build relationships and good things will happen.

Spam the hell out of it by autofollowing and direct messaging promotional material and everyone will suffer.

AndrewStark, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  14. MarkMoney

MarkMoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have been hearing this story more and more recently. You should approach with caution and perhaps buy some proxies to cover your tracks. Following their DDOS attack a few months ago they are very trigger happy these days with a 'ban first' and 'ask questions later' attitude. Beware!!

MarkMoney, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  15. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my accounts got banned one time for adding over 1000 people in a day don't add over 400 a day and same with unfollowing it will get you banned

br3adman, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  16. sameer@10

sameer@10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will have to check if I am still their on twitter .

:D

sameer@10, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  17. babloodmax

babloodmax Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Buddy!!!

I feel thinks about twitter bad luck to you..but in my side twitter work some good.. keep on trying.. thanks for sharing...

babloodmax, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  18. doemeister

doemeister Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree - Twitter is full of too much promotion/spam/non-human activity. makes for a crappy user experience

doemeister, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  19. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are not complaining about the weather, bad days at work, your crappy service at Burger King in between your spam, people will report you as spam when you follow them... and by people I mean me. *shrug*

Half of the followers I seem to have are people that have seemingly posted too many links for my liking... if you are not tweeting like a real person prepare to be treated like a spammer by the real people you follow.

Another person I often block are the ones with dozens (or gods forbid HUNDREDS) of people they are following yet only having a small handful of followers themselves. It just SCREAMS 'follow my links' in desperation...

Qryztufre, Feb 10, 2010 IP