1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Twitter Quiz Application - Unique and Custom Coded - Must See

Discussion in 'Sites' started by oxidati0n, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,

I'm a student and recently me and a friend started up a small project on quizzing about on Twitter, and we made up an application within 19-20 hours of hard coding. Today, it has been blogged about on across the start-up atmosphere but due to our lack of commitment and we have had to put unforeseen commitment into other things (i.e. college work, jobs, other projects, merchant selling, etc) we couldn't keep adding quizzes which therefore lead the site to slow down in growth.

This site requires someone who is extremely skilled at marketing, as the application is fully built and includes a small section to add quizzes and questions, it's pretty much ready to go. It is built on CodeIgniter which means any developer can read the code and make changes.

This application requires only quizzes to be made frequently and once a decent figure of followers has been built up (i.e. a good marketer can do this), it will take off and go viral every time a new quiz has been made. We expected for it to grow to a couple thousand of people and then start having celebrities to use it but that clearly did not happen and we realized that a bit more time is needed.

It has already received 2,000+ visitors with 10,000 pageviews in the month or two that it has been online with only 10 quizzes added. That is without any serious marketing and a couple of e-mails did that and I believe that much more can be done to make this go viral, especially if you can have it crawl and add quizzes instantly or if you have lots of people to add quizzes frequently. The reason why I haven't allowed people themselves to add quizzes is because I feel it will devalue the site and platform.

What the site includes:
    - Current site code and database (built in PHP + MySQL)
    - twtquiz.com domain (Expires November 2011)
    - twtqz.me domain (Expires January 2012)
    - @twtquiz Twitter account (70 followers without any serious marketing)

It's being sold as-is. There is no ballpark figure that I'm looking for, but I would like it to be sold at a reasonable price otherwise I would preferrably keep it. Thank you.

oxidati0n, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  2. iterationlabs

iterationlabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have a reserve price?

iterationlabs, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  3. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am looking for a decent price, as I said, no ballpark figure. Nothing specific in mind.

oxidati0n, Feb 27, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.