1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Oh Twitter!!!

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by maso, Dec 4, 2010.

As i studying how to get traffic easy, one of the biggest votes come to twitter. But after having thousands of follower, posting new topic and URL in my twitter, I just realize twitter is non-sense.

Twitter is for Popular People "only"

maso, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  2. Eduard

Eduard Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? You're saying that followers only read your tweets if you're already popular?

Eduard, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  3. maso

maso Peon

Best Answers:
    @eduard - sad to say, but it looks like that. Almost 50% of twitter expert users are internet marketers just like us, using twitter for business and not for personal use only. So most of people using twitter is not browsing other tweets which is getting bad for twitter.

maso, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  4. seolinksupport

seolinksupport Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter hard going in the follow.

seolinksupport, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  5. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess it depends on what you are posting and the whole follower thing. Some people live on twitter. There is a lot of people pushing some ad or program there on twitter, but that is all over the internet. I don't get much activity from twitter, but I don't spend much time with it either. I just don't have time to follow everyone on twitter just for the sake of building followers. I would rather spend my time doing something else.

gameutopia, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  6. jahangir

jahangir Peon

Best Answers:
    Even after having thousands of followers you are not getting much response from Twitter it means you don't have the "right" followers who really want to listen to you. They are just following you because you are following them.

You should follow the right people who you think will be interested in your tweets and you should also tweet only about your niche, irrelevant tweets cannot give you positive results.

Furthermore to get more success on twitter you can read this article 10 Tips To Drive Twitter Traffic To Your Site

jahangir, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  7. TheEntrepreneurDiva

TheEntrepreneurDiva Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is not just for the popular people, you just have to know what you are doing. Make sure that your followers are "targeted" or else it wouldn't matter if you had 10,000 followers. If they are not interested in your niche or what you have to say, then they won't respond. The next thing is you have to learn to build with your followers instead of just always trying to promote your own content or products. Do things like share articles and resources in your niche. Just like with anything else, you have to build credibility as well as build your self up as an authority in your niche.

TheEntrepreneurDiva, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  8. isobel84

isobel84 Peon

Best Answers:
    EntrepreneurDiva makes exactly the right point - "Make sure that your followers are "targeted" or else it wouldn't matter if you had 10,000 followers. If they are not interested in your niche or what you have to say, then they won't respond." By offering something of value to your followers - which interests them - then you can do a lot with Twitter. If you are just pushing out messages without engaging, then it is not 'social' media marketing and you won't succeed.

isobel84, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  9. SeanM5

SeanM5 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not true at all - Twitter can be an excellent source of traffic and you don't need to be popular (it's more about the quality of your followers than the quantity). You can get 100,000 followers via these auto-follow tools but they are worthless cause they aren't interested in your content and won't click any of your links - it is better to grow your account naturally in my opinion. Takes longer and requires more work but you'll have better results.

You cannot simply promote your own website/service and do nothing else. You need to actually interact with the community - reply to your followers sometimes, retweet interesting things, etc. You need to make your tweets enticing for people to click on - include a description rather than just a link.

SeanM5, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  10. jbtooloo

jbtooloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your opening thread makes little if any sense...

jbtooloo, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  11. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter doesn't work every time to get huge traffic to sites .

musichangout.com, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  12. maso

maso Peon

Best Answers:
    it's more about the quality of your followers than the quantity- I guess some of these answers are correct.

maso, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  13. ListBuildingForNewbies

ListBuildingForNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to increasing the number of your Twitter followers, then there are two things which you need. First of all you must post tweets on a regular basis; at least once a day. Secondly you should make sure your tweets are witty and engaging. Remember wit has a high marketing value.

ListBuildingForNewbies, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  14. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    well I still get visitors from my tweet. If its nonsense for you then maybe you should try something else

tonyran, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  15. nancylewis

nancylewis Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont get results from twitter, so I stopped using it

nancylewis, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  16. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    no it isn't
    it's actually VERY easy to use
    just don't spam it, be real and the results will show ;)

Brandon Sheley, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  17. JimBoom

JimBoom Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to think that your Twitter followers will be one of two groups: 1) a bunch of web marketers who never look at their own Twitter feed because they are only following you to get you to follow them. 2) A group of people interested in the content who do look at their Twitter feed... this group will self-select over time to be interested in what you have to offer, and anyone that doesn't like what you post will unfollow you, leaving you with the interested group only.

so it depends what you post.. if you are constantly trying to sell things on Twitter, I doubt if you have a very interested following.... who would follow someone just to get ads? Twitter is more of a branding tool, building credibility and targeted traffic within a topic area by offering non-commercial content.

JimBoom, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  18. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    You forgot the third type, useless bots, that what you get for joining get easy follower site like twitfollow etc.

tonyran, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  19. usualwork17

usualwork17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you don't get
    many followers because there is something wrong with your web..

Better make it more interesting

usualwork17, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  20. zinok

zinok Member

Best Answers:
    more followers--------->more traffic

zinok, Dec 30, 2010 IP