1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Now More Popular Than Digg **FACT**

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by ExtremistOak, Jan 22, 2009.

We all knew that Digg was going to be over taken in terms of traffic one day (Bannings for no reason, not replying to tickets etc etc) and it looks as Twitter has been the one to do it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7844595.stm

So obviously everyone knows there two different sites, but which one do you use most?

ExtremistOak, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  2. mamaroach

mamaroach Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, gud info. I use both but right now it seem like twitter is more friendly and easier to do many activities, eg. find a lot of followers, post anything what u want, etc. I like followers search option and I prefer twitter.

mamaroach, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I read this yesterday, it always makes me laugh when I see new users who are like " I don't see why twitter is so popular"..lol
    Here is something I've been playing with, I found the script online for free. I've set it up to get a free marketing ebook, check it out.
    Twitter is going to be the next "big thing" you can either get on board now, or watch all your competitors passing you in the future ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  4. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you basically want to say that your sales have dramatically increase since you started twitting, right? What is your statistics?

kozyavka, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  5. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's interesting that Barack Obama is using Twitter. I'll have to check that out to see what he has to say (in 140 characters or less :))

adacprogramming, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  6. topcash

topcash Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What did alexa say?

topcash, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  7. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    I use both of them but digg still works much better for me

teckinik, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  8. syuxx

syuxx Peon

Best Answers:
    but, twitter doesnt help you in term of SEO.
    I wish that they also allowed spidercrawler to index the links that we've post.

but still loving both of them.
    both of it have the pros & cons

syuxx, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  9. spinx

spinx Banned

Best Answers:
    Been using digg quite a lot.. not sure about twitter, but since you said so, I'll seriousely look into this soon.

spinx, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  10. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i signed up to twitter a while ago and didn't use it since then. I really wonder why people use it. What's the meaning of following some guy's one sentence updates..

The next big thing is Twitter? I doubt it. Probably nobody will be using it this time next year. The real next big thing is Facebook, believe me or not. All they need is a Facebook Web Search :D

I'd spend my time trying to build a viral Facebook app. instead of wasting it on Twitter.

maxerg, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  11. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Twitter is been a great success, and yes i do believe that they are really effective as well.
    Been using digg for link promotions, but as a freelancer, i must say that twitter is a really nice tool to communicate with your audience.

Oranges, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  12. typhoon

typhoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting Fact..twitter is gaining huge popularity day-by-day

typhoon, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  13. Lofty

Lofty Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is certainly gaining ground, its getting lots of mentions in the press, you dont hear much about digg anymore. Digg is still amazing if you can get a front page story, I gave up on it while back as I found it was taking too much effort and time. I'm going to have a play around with Twitter and see what happens.

Lofty, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  14. orentodoros

orentodoros Peon

Best Answers:
    So since Twitter is now actully more trafficked than Digg, A lot of the hardcore Digg users will have to rethink their strategy. If they've been selling homepage views to clients, Twitter is about to change that whole way of doing business.

orentodoros, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  15. Lofty

Lofty Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see that there is now some competition to digg, helps to level the playing field a bit.

Lofty, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  16. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is utter, utter nonsense.

Twitter is becoming popular for one reason only - because every single marketing website, blog, forum is saying "you must market on twitter". Everyone on twitter is marketing to other people with something to sell.

Seriously, walk out into a street, any street in the English speaking world and say "have you heard of or used twitter" most people will reply with "never heard of it". Ask them if they have heard of facebook and they will say "oh yes Im on it".

If they then ask "what does it do" you reply "well you can microblog, which is like a blog but only shorter so its like a little snapshot". They reply "What else? And whats the point of just having little soundbites all over the place?". You reply....erm its good for marketing on!

Think I'll let twitter quielty pass me by and leave everyone to market to each other under the pretence the y are just good old techie lovers.....

thefandango, Jan 23, 2009 IP
    lightless likes this.
  17. Optional

Optional Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter has an API that makes it very easy for third parties to build external sites with the data. These are one place twitter posted links give you dofollow backlinks.

The more press we see that Twitter is 'big' the more people who currently see facebook apps as an opportunity will get into Twitter tools.

The value of your twitter traffic is directly related to how and who you collect as followers, and then what post and who you interact with. If you don't get traffic, or if it's unproductive, I'd say look at how your using twitter before giving up as there is gold there.

Why do I like it more than Digg? It takes me far less time and effort to build up useful followers, and thanks to the API based tools around, almost no time to maintain.... and for me, the traffic seems to be multiple times more targeted and productive than I get from almost any other social network I have looked at so far.

Where else can I so easily hook up with anyone that mentions a word or brand or product that my website targets?

Optional, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  18. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    no, I didn't say that at all :p
    I have been able to track sales directly from my twitter accounts though.

Brandon Sheley, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  19. ExtremistOak

ExtremistOak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter was just mentioned on Friday night with jonathan ross getting tv coverage now and then tom cruise was asked if he uses twitter

ExtremistOak, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  20. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I signed up for Twitter the other day and I like it so far. I'm not getting traffic from there yet but I have high hopes for it.

avonlee1983, Jan 23, 2009 IP