1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Newbie Confused$@#!!

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by egardenpa, Jul 30, 2012.

Hello,

Thanks for reading; I have a few questions.

Background: I finally converted my static html site to Wordpress because I want to take advantage of social media and add a blog. I have tried adding social media icons to my posts without any success. The only plugin that worked was called "floating social media.." This doesn't work with my site as I have a full-width theme and anywhere the buttons go they conflict with my layout (they look sloppy and disconnected to the content).

Question 1: Best plugin for this (Ideally not a sidebar widget but before after post or page title would be best--I'm open to suggestions though...)?

Question 2: I don't understand why the configuration instructions ask me to enter my twitter account username etc. What does my twitter account have to do with anything (I know...I'm clueless)? I want others to tweet the post or page to their list of followers. I can post all day to my own list. I guess I really don't understand how this works. Anyone?

Question 3: Can anyone recommend a tutorial, article etc. for maximizing these tools (Facebook. Twitter etc.) for gaining traffic?

Thanks again.

John

egardenpa, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  2. dmcbane

dmcbane Peon

Best Answers:
    If I understand this correctly, then two plugins that work well are Sociable and Socialize. I'd give them both a try and see which one has better features for you particular needs. I believe Share This! is another similar plugin, but I haven't tried that one myself.

dmcbane, Jul 31, 2012 IP