1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Mass Follow

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by nejam1982, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyway I dont see any point in mass follow.

Montreal Classifieds, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  2. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you wouldn't seeing that you sell a service that is an alternative to the mass following strategy :D

EddieC, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  3. Nit_nap

Nit_nap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Watch this:- Twitter Follower(4000 followers in a day)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06tU52hpqJ4&feature=youtu.be

Nit_nap, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  4. Ameerabbas

Ameerabbas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mass follow or unfollow spree will get get your account suspended. However if you use Manage Flitter you can mass follow/unfollow without being suspended. Currently I am using this tool no problem so far.

Ameerabbas, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, i never quite saw the point of mass following. Following those in your niche who share the same interests, engaging in meaningful and thought-provoking conversations are what would strike me as relatively sure-fire ways to get yourself noticed and to gain quality follow-backs if done properly.

Whenever i receive a notification on a blogshop, organization, brand or website that's following me, i'm usually intrigued as to how they found me in the first place, and head on over to their Twitter profile to check them out. If and when i see that they have Twitter stats like "Following 9887, Followers: 677", i immediately dismiss them as being a sellout/spam account/being desperate for followers.

Surely that's not the best way to go, isn't it?

ReferralCandy, May 6, 2013 IP
  6. Montreal Classifieds

Best Answers:
    And where that came from?

Montreal Classifieds, May 6, 2013 IP
  7. Montreal Classifieds

Best Answers:
    The only point to mass follow is to get follows back. Then you unfollow ones who not followed you back, and you keep follow others. This is following obsession.

Montreal Classifieds, May 6, 2013 IP
  8. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just keep on knocking it - while you're doing that I'll keep making money from it ;)

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP
  9. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    No-one has stats like that on Twitter though, once you follow more than 2k people you can only follow 110% of the total number that follow you - the worst stats you could see would be along the lines of 'Following 11000, Followers 10000'.

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP
  10. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always wanted to ask this using mass follower software, really advisable to use it?

G!

GeeOne, May 7, 2013 IP
  11. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Works a treat for me mate, has done for a year.

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP
  12. Montreal Classifieds

Best Answers:
    And if 6000 of your followers left you, will it bring to 11000 / 4000 ? So I assume " Following 9887, Followers: 677 " is possible under particular conditions.
    Mass following brings you numbers, not quality. The engagement is 0.
    I had a few followers with 400k and 600k followers, of course following also huge amount of "people". When tweet about my services posted on their wall, I got 0 visits. When similar done with regular users having just few hundreds of followers, the CTR is much higher. And from people having 10's thousands followers and following just 10's or hundred others, CTR is even better. These are quality users. All all these 100k/100k are 100% junk.
    Making money is different story, many don't know all that and offer $ for tweet, I'm sure they getting disappointed and never come back.

Montreal Classifieds, May 7, 2013 IP
  13. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, that's your experience. Stop being so pig-headed to think that someone else couldn't have succeeded where you failed.

100% junk that makes me a full-time living ;)

I make most of my money through CPA & affiliate offers actually, and almost all of the sponsored tweets I post are on a PPC basis rather than fixed price per tweet.

I can completely understand & I agree with a lot of the reasons for adding the personal touch, but you are being incredibly short-sighted in your all-out refusal to accept anything positive about the mass-following approach. It works for certain niches - you just obviously didn't try it on the right one.

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP
  14. Montreal Classifieds

Best Answers:
    What make you feel I'm failed? What I created and running is in my signature.
    And what you have - nothing.
    If you so successfully, share you user and we all will take a look on who giving advise here.
    As of now it is just words with no basis.

15. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    By your own admission you failed to have any success with mass following. What you are advertising in your signature is something completely different.

Again showing your short-sightedness. Did it ever cross your mind that some people may have methods that are more profitable kept to themselves? What I do has a limited lifespan - it will do me well for a few years if it remains relatively undiscovered but if I let people in on it the market will be saturated within a month. I don't sell a service because I don't need to, that is no reflection on my level of success.

As you well know because I've told you before, I won't be risking the integrity of my project to prove a point. I haven't made any grand claims of being 'so successful' anyway, just that I make a living out of something you say has no value.

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP
  16. Montreal Classifieds

Best Answers:
    Not sure where you see I advertise mass follow. I created twitter automation tools, many of them, and so far gained 30k customers using and paying for them. Never offered mass follow. Got request for such, but I prefer to give my customers tools that are 100% safe and not risk their users.

The fact you prefer to to expose yours tell all - your area is "grey". One day you make $ and next day all gone.
    So, we are on a different levels, nothing to compare. Your business is short term, like spam, exists for limited time. I'm trying to build good business and authority and so far succeeded. My Twitter user has 45k followers, while I following only 27 of my interest. Not following to get follow back, and not follow back just because people asking to. All my followers are real and engaged.

All I can say is will you get advice about real estate from the guy renting apartment all his life or from Donald Trump? I'm not saying I'm Trump, but you sounds like one who is renting. To make it clear, how people can trust to what you say if they don't know who you are and what are your achievements in the area.

17. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try reading what I post properly, you may not come off as being quite so stupid if you do ;)

Nothing grey about what I'm doing at all, I'm not sharing because I don't want it saturated. Keep on making assumptions if it makes you happy though.

So what happens when Twitter declines in popularity? Or if their next API update renders your service redundant? Virtually all online business lasts for a limited time, marketing & trends never stay still, and they change even quicker on the internet. The project in question isn't short-term, I have the foresight to see that it's only medium-term - but that by no means makes it not worthwhile.

You're missing one important point - I don't give a shit if people trust what I say. I'm not trying to sell any mass-following service or software, hell I'm not even claiming that it's the best method to use! All I'm doing is countering your claims that mass following produces zero interaction and that accounts employing such methods are 100% junk.

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP
  18. Montreal Classifieds

Best Answers:
    The more I talking to you, the more I feel I'm talking to the wall.
    If you don't care what people think, what are you doing here, respond on every post within minutes. It looks like this is the only thing you have in your life.
    Grow up kid.
    About API, I'm OK with any changes. Will adjust and develop new things. People coming and asking for tools, I evaluate and decide which ones will benefit me and develop if find them valuable.

19. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Hey EddieC!

Sorry for the confusion there, i entered random numbers to show the disparity of more followings than followers, not for any specific case scenarios. My bad! Yes, i often see figures that range within that 110% you mentioned - and didn't know about the 2k thing. Cool, learnt something new today :D

Of course what i mentioned was a personal opinion, mass following strategies do work in niche areas (like yours i'm presuming). To each his own and kudos to you for successfully implementing a strategy that might not have worked well for others. Curious question: do you unfollow the people who have followed you back to bring your following numbers down? Some companies adopt the strategy of mass following to get their name out there/garner interest and followers, and slowly unfollow their "gained followers" after time. That way they get a large following, and manage to bring down their followers number at the end of the day. On the other hand, some users advertise their "i follow everyone back!" slogan.

If it's part of your secret strategy, it's totally cool to not blast it here ;) have a great day!

ReferralCandy, May 7, 2013 IP
    EddieC likes this.
  20. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ditto.

Responding to your incredibly misguided views. Again I'll repeat myself - something I find myself having to do a lot with you - I have nothing to sell and I have nothing to gain, so why should I give a shit what people think? I'll offer up my opinions & if people wanna take them on board then fine, if not - no biggy.

Shock horror, I replied to your direct replies to me - and on two occasions yesterday I did so within half an hour. Call the police we've got a stalker on our hands!

Says the 'professional businessman' with the spelling, grammar & punctuation of an 8-year-old, who has steadfastly maintained a ridiculous opinion that even he himself has contradicted (you say mass following has zero value but then go on to accept that money can be made using it). When I picture you all I can see is some kid with his fingers in his ears going 'lalalalalala'. Indeed the mere fact that you resort to calling me a child because I disagree with you is a clear indicator of who is behaving the more juvenile.

I have - repeatedly - accepted that alternative methods work just as well & even that they may be more efficient for most people. Repeating myself again here, but all I have done is counter your misguided view that mass following has zero benefit. I haven't tried to claim anything more than that. Take a good long look at the replies in this conversation - if you're incapable of doing so objectively maybe get someone else to take a look for you - and question who is really behaving like a child here.

Yes, I also unfollow those that have followed me - a few weeks or months down the line. Contrary to what some round here may think you can keep people engaged by auto-posting the latest headlines on a subject that interests them - as long as you work with the right niche - I unfollow most of my followers after a couple of months & the majority of them stick.

EddieC, May 7, 2013 IP