1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Marketing Advice (From me to you)

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Valiant, Aug 8, 2009.

Hey all, I would like to share some things that I am currently doing on twitter which is creating a good deal of traffic for my website (without me having to do anyting!)

Here are some good pointers:

1. Create a twitter account with a name which includes keywords for your website, and , when created, write a description for the twitter page using lots of keywords for your site - I am now on Google page one for main keywords for my website for using the keywords in both the title of the twitter and in the description.
    2. Upload a picture - everything needs it's own identity, upload a relevant picture which reflects what following the twitter page has to offer. Perhaps a picture of an object of desire for the audience.
    3. Search for twitters who tweet about similar things to you, if you have a money making website, find twitters who are already tweeting about similar things and then of course follow their followers - so basically you are directly following your audience, people who would be interested in your twitter. Follow about 200, I would say to start off with. However before following, make sure that you have tweeted some links to articles, products etc on your website and also perhaps gone a bit off topic to add some value to your page.
    4. And now this is what I've been doing which means I can just sit back and get traffic - (It would have to be the correct type of website), whenever someone leaves a comment on your website, you post a new article etc, whenever something updates on your website, implement a PHP script which will automatically post on twitter ( the one I use: http://morethanseven.net/2007/01/20/posting-to-twitter-using-php/ ). I have a pen pal website for French and English speakers. Whenever a French speaker signs up, It posts a tweet linking to their profile on the English twitter and vice versa for the French twitter. And then followers see these messages, and then view the profile of new members, contact them - and those new members who have been contacted find pen pals and are content with the website and then promote it by word of mouth. And then of course, the people who have viewed the profile may post their own message and then this info is posted on twitter and the whole cycle starts over and over again.

Hope this can perhaps help,

Jake.

Valiant, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  2. spyka

spyka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been doing this for a while and it works - but twitter is starting to crack down on accounts which just automatically post stuff so be careful!

spyka, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  3. mellymel

mellymel Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways to really engage your following is also to be very "follow worthy" - meaning, tweet great content, link to great content, be engaged with @replies - in general, just be an interesting person. :)

mellymel, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  4. beemboy

beemboy Peon

Best Answers:
    wow really good guide

beemboy, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  5. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You posting every articles that you have on your site. That would mean spamming.

I don't like the idea since not all of the articles I am creating is that good. Choosing the best one and post it on your twitter would be the best marketing strategy, also try to post articles from relevant sites so taht you wouldn't be considered as spammer.

Chancey, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  6. kaiser03

kaiser03 Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is starting to crack down on accounts which just automatically post stuff so be careful!

kaiser03, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  7. silverf0x

silverf0x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice guide. i have thousand followers but do not know how to turn it into traffic

silverf0x, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  8. Valiant

Valiant Peon

Best Answers:
    Tweet revalant info with a URL and they'll visit the link.

Valiant, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  9. cgoulart

cgoulart Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, good tweets keep your followers. It's not hard to get followers, but keeping them and engaging them is the trick. Same as everything else in online marketing, content is certainly king.

cgoulart, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  10. toolsmith

toolsmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree...keeping your followers and providing them with good information and not spamming the hell out of them is key.

-Paul

toolsmith, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  11. musicguru

musicguru Guest

Best Answers:
    Great tutorial -- while most of these steps seem spretty obvious, I think many people never realized it. Only problem with Twitter is that it's a little overkill of information, so if you can really get an audience/loyal following, you're set :)

musicguru, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  12. hash1

hash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are pretty good tips. You also need other tools to help get the maximum amount of twitter followers you can.

I use twitterfollowtrain.com to get a decent amount of followers every day.

hash1, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  13. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    how does twitterfollowtrain compare to Hummingbird?

AC-Coach, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  14. d35i9n

d35i9n Member

Best Answers:
    great tips...they are pretty common sense but not everyone does it

d35i9n, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  15. Netafile

Netafile Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you get enough people clicking through your twitter links? It seems that your tweet drops out of sight so quickly it does not get seen by enough people?

I know you can RT, but have not had much luck with that strategy so far.

Netafile, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  16. jaiganesh156

jaiganesh156 Peon

Best Answers:
    jaiganesh156, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  17. kBqUtTbvAcdpB9qs

kBqUtTbvAcdpB9qs Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can do automated tweets to make your twitter account active all the time,even when you are sleeping. There is a tool called autotweeter,it can do automated tweets.If you tweet often,you can get more followers.
    you can get the tool from here http://www.mytweeterapps.com

kBqUtTbvAcdpB9qs, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  18. suraja

suraja Peon

Best Answers:
    This is interesting thread
    Wonder how many visitor traffic you been get from twitter

suraja, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  19. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Curious... do you follow everyone who follows you?

Ryan6, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  20. kBqUtTbvAcdpB9qs

kBqUtTbvAcdpB9qs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never follow people whom I think are spammy.Also I dont follow people who boasts about themselves :)

kBqUtTbvAcdpB9qs, Sep 3, 2009 IP