1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Login Authorization Redirect After Successful Login

Discussion in 'Programming' started by phaze3131, Apr 9, 2015.

Hey guys,

I'm new to twitter authorization logins on my site. I'm wondering if its possible to have a user login via twitter on my site, and then get redirected back to the previous page they were viewing before they signed up via twitter.

thanks much!

Travis B Klein

phaze3131, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  2. ThePHPMaster

ThePHPMaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The way these third party authentication system works is by:

- You signup for the permissions (keys) on the website.
    - When a user comes in, you redirect to their website (ex: twitter) or show a popup, again on their website. There isn't any website I know that will allow you to collect the username/password on your end for verification as it is not secure.
    - Once the user is logged in, they redirect the user back along with info like name, email, address, etc.. (depending on website). You use such info to create an account on your end (or some sort of connection).

You can search for many "third party login (or authentication)" scripts, first one I got from google:

http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net/

ThePHPMaster, Apr 11, 2015 IP