1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter is a good marketing tool?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Aus_Boyz, Aug 2, 2009.

1. simstar

simstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes duhh your an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about. Done correctly Twitter can be a cheap method of promotion, effective as well. 'duhh'

simstar, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    lol I love how noobs think they are so smart, yet they have dead sites.

Oh, and by the way, Richie, it's you're, not your, dumbass.

Perry Rose, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  3. gcfmarketing

gcfmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter can be profitable, but its very difficult now with all the link spam that it cranks out.
    You need to use it properly and create very targeted niche lists on different accounts to start.
    Second, you will have to stay active and interesting and approach it a bit like yahoo answers, but there are tools out there to help with this.

There are plenty of good ebooks out there and plenty more junk ones also. So find some and let this give you some ideas about the whole then open a thread on what you have narrowed down to get some better responses.

gcfmarketing, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  4. webDOMinator

webDOMinator Peon

Best Answers:
    I´ve found that auto-updaters for twitter do not work for twitter, so what I did was create a system that watches the main subjects of conversation on your followers (where following = followers). It takes this information and performs a search on my site for articles that match the conversation the best, and the most recent. Since I have a site that gathers from thousands of RSS feeds every 30 minutes, I can keep up with the articles. The system then posts the articles up on a site, with a video about it, and tweets the link with the article title. I´ve managed to let this thing just run, and every day my account gets re-tweets, and about 130 new followers on average. They click on my links because they´re not spam and they´ve grown to trust my account as a source of valid information.

Here´s the thing though... does any of that traffic convert? No.... haven´t gotten one actual sale from any of the twitter visitors. Trust me, I worked on perfecting this with some SEO guys, and tested it all kinds of different ways and with different databases and media types... It just doesn´t convert.... or if it does at all, you´ll get one person out of 2,000. That´s not to say that traffic doesn´t still have it´s merit. The site gets tons of pages indexed on google, so SEO traffic comes in, and those might convert. The other thing is that with about 5,000 followers, it is getting around 250 visitors a day. I suppose the system could also be used for some direct converting, and we´re still messing around with it... but using just the one bot that posts every 10 minutes, something related to the conversation actually going on in the tweet streams, got about 2,000 followers in 18 days, with no actual interaction on my side. Besides that, some people think it´s a real person, so I get replies and retweets. The system uses a market targeting program at first to start adding people, so that the conversation is somewhat related to the site. Only problem as stated above, is that there´s a lot of spam on twitter now... So because the system posts articles based off of conversation, it takes constant spammer cleaning for my account.

Anyway... unless you got some time to do some serious research, write an automation script that stands out, make lots of faliures, and do lots of cleaning of unwanted spammers, twitter is not going to work for you.

webDOMinator, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  5. MrCatana

MrCatana Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is great. more and more people are on it. so, where there are more and more people you can make more and more money.

MrCatana, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  6. kicksell

kicksell Guest

Best Answers:
    little help,may be have many people view your website,but not target user.

kicksell, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  7. UtemptMe - Ed

UtemptMe - Ed Peon

Best Answers:
    We've had a large number of signups this month from using Twitter, it's been great for us :)

UtemptMe - Ed, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  8. livewellfinancial

livewellfinancial Guest

Best Answers:
    Definitely, yes! Twitter is a very nice tool to market your site specially when you have a lot of followers.

livewellfinancial, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  9. SnowPatrol

SnowPatrol Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, just don't use any automation tool because It's very likely to get you banned. (been there, done that!)

SnowPatrol, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  10. Dazzy

Dazzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys

I agree twitter is great my site is set up to autotweet users contents providing they have enabled their twitter account on the site and they can turn this off should they wish.

Twitter slowness is annoying me now as the api spits out xml errors at those periods and causes a white page, will have to look into doing my own routine to catch these.

Dazzy, Sep 7, 2009 IP