1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter help

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by First Search Consultancy, Feb 10, 2010.

Hello for all
    can anybody help me how can twitter help for your site.

2. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    Through Twitter you can increase your webpage traffic.

saurabhj, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. doemeister

doemeister Peon

Best Answers:
    if you get a group of actual live human followers, you can have a loyal consumer user base

doemeister, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  4. maryjoanna

maryjoanna Peon

Best Answers:
    you can drive traffic to your website, you can broadcast your tweets too

maryjoanna, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  5. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    It helps you gain traffic to your site,increse sign up to your programs and a great place to find new things

br3adman, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  6. pgopalan

pgopalan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The beauty of Twitter is that it's a niche service that people have applied to different situations, which has led to this bounty of different twitter-based applications, and a general consensus that Twitter is somehow good for you business.

If you're going to be using Twitter on its own, it's not really effective that way. The true strength of twitter is for its ability to fill up the seams in-between and reinforce the social media capability of other social media platforms such as Facebook (a must-have), Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Reddit, blogs etc.

If you want specific ways to integrate Twitter into your business's practices, try some of these:

1) if you publish a blog, you can send out tweets to your followers with a link to your blog post. If the content is good (make sure it's good!), then it's a good way to disseminate that information.

2) If you have an interesting opinion to share, make sure that you tweet it out regularly. Brevity is key! You're going to have to compress the bare sentiment of the opinion, or a catchy headline, and provide a link for your followers to read more on your blog.

3) If you can, you can set your blog to autopost a short blurb on Twitter every time you post something on it. This way, you link your Twitter success to your blog success.

4) Twitter is a channel for you to regularly provide content to your follower base. That's why each tweet is restricted to 140 characters, so that you are concise and exercise your ability to write eye-catching tweetable titles. Sometimes if your lines are good enough, followers may re-tweet it, so your tweets may end up reaching more people than you originally intended - which is perfect, and essentially the point and objective of Twitter.

5) If you're going to be monitoring Twitter in more of a business setting, download and use a free service like TweetDeck or Seesmic, so that you can synchronize your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and MySpace accounts (this is from my experience with TweetDeck, I haven't used Seesmic much, but my friends tell me its similar and equally as useful; I believe Seesmic has introduced some addition features and add-ons that you can download for your desktop, check it out on their homepage) and monitor different aspects of it and reach out to new followers, see what topics are buzzing right now, monitor any mentions of you by other Twitterati.

5) Use online twitter monitoring sentiments analysis sites like Tweettree, Tweetfeel, Twittratr, to monitor the internet's "mood" (though I don't find any of those, save for Tweettree, very useful)

6) Learn the jargon! Look up and understand tweets, tweeter, twitterati, as well as the names of the software above. Even if you don't use them, know about them to become more social media-savvy.

7) Twitter also allows you to follow other key figures in the social media sphere.

Here are some must-know names, but you can no doubt find more just by reading their blogs, following who they follow and quote and generally hold in high-esteem, and through doing your own research on the subject.

Pete Cashmore
    Mari Smith
    Chris Brogan
    David Meerman Scott
    Lee Odden
    Mashable
    Robert Scoble
    Rand Fishkin (SEOmoz)
    Erik Qualman
    Mitch Joel
    Seth Godin
    Gary Vaynerchuk (big name in this industry)

Hope this helps you out,

Cheerio

PG
    @PrashGopalan
    www.prashanthgopalan.posterous.com

pgopalan, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  7. H-Man

H-Man Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks pgopalan. Great information. I just started using Twitter yesterday and couldn't really see how it was of any use.

H-Man, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  8. pgopalan

pgopalan Peon

Best Answers:
    No problems dude, I'm still in the process of mastering it myself, so if you have any tips that you come up with later on, do share them with me.

Cheers,

PG

pgopalan, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  9. mrk789

mrk789 Peon

Best Answers:
    how i can broadcast my tweets

mrk789, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  10. arnoldsmithh

arnoldsmithh Peon

Best Answers:
    Just tweet something interesting related to your website with links and retweet what other people's are sharing.

arnoldsmithh, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  11. sachdeva.arjit

sachdeva.arjit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drive traffic to your site/blog and build up your reputation if you could get big number of followers. Plus u can earn by sponsoring tweets and advertising others on your a/c !

sachdeva.arjit, Feb 12, 2010 IP